Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to buy, where to buy...
RE: Where to buy, where to buy...
It appears that there is coverage in Alberta through the Alberta works program. Do a bing search on ISTHB Regulation, Schedule 4, Section 27 and see what you think?

Also the price that you see online is much cheaper than the brick and mortar locations in Ontario also. But the assistance level of the local store is generally much appreciated especially during the first year. If assistance is available for the purchase they handle the paperwork and the reporting requirements. Now this is based on my experience with my local provider (their head office is in Calgary)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info on the Alberta coverage. Looks like they only cover anything if you've had a level 1 sleep study and the apnea is considered life threatening. I've only had a level 3 so I won't qualify anyway.

I think I will order from FPM Solutions in Toronto (I can post that without the link right?). I will get coverage for 80% of their price so the machine and mask will only cost a few hundred bucks. Has anyone else dealt with them? Are they reputable? The couple people I've spoken to on the phone there seem nice and knowledgeable - although they could be yanking my chain and I wouldn't know the difference. LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Names of companies are allowed. Just not contact information (including email) and website address.

Ask about their mask trial policy. Usually it is anywhere from 2 weeks to 30 days. Masks are the hardest part of this wonderful game.

For the most part, it will be cheaper to get "refill supplies" such as mask parts and machine filters from an online source. You can ask for their prices on these things for comparison.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Try living in Australia with the rip off prices here! Am looking at prices for a resmed autoset and they are anywhere between $1800 - 2400 (without the humidifier chamber as mine will fit it) - I looked at option No 2 - and found one for under $800!! I am about to email them asking some questions before I buy - and don't even get me started on prices of masks lol!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2012, 06:46 PM)weeble Wrote: I looked at option No 2 - and found one for under $800!! I am about to email them asking some questions before I buy - and don't even get me started on prices of masks lol!!!
Mark the owner is very courteous and helpful.
Ask if the machine is the upgraded firmware version
You need power plug adapter or probably you can the same one

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-05-2012, 06:59 PM)zonk Wrote:
(09-05-2012, 06:46 PM)weeble Wrote: I looked at option No 2 - and found one for under $800!! I am about to email them asking some questions before I buy - and don't even get me started on prices of masks lol!!!
Mark the owner is very courteous and helpful.
Ask if the machine is the upgraded firmware version
You need power plug adapter or probably you can the same one

Thanks Zonk - will do
Post Reply Post Reply
Yay! I got my new machine yesterday. :-) I got the S9 Autoset and Hi5 so I'll be able to return my rental unit this morning. I also decided to try the SleepWeaver mast and after my first night, I am hopeful that it will be good. It seems pretty comfortable and I was able to fall asleep on my side (although I usually wake up on my back anyway). It did seem to leak a little, but with any luck I will be able to fit it better as I get more used to using it. I also bought a ResMed Swift FX mask which is what I have been using for the past month. I figured if I can't sort out the SleepWeaver, I can always fall back to what I know.

I must admit that before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea I really didn't take it seriously. I kinda though oh, big deal if I stop breathing once in a while... just so long as I start again. I didn't realize how serious and life threatening it really can be. Needless to say, as I've done more research on it I've begun to understand how bad it is and will definitely keep up with my treatment. I am glad I found this board. Thank you all. I'm sure I will be asking for help as I understand more about my machine and what all these different settings and stats mean.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi brucehaas, Great to hear that you got your new machine and mask. Best of luck to you as you go through different facets of your CPAP therapy, keep us posted.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.