Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Signing out of SH
Signing out of SH
This may sound awfully silly but I can't sign out of SH. The normal Resize , Close etc. is off the screen. I've tried Alt spacebar, but that doesn't work either. I've been forced to Cntr Alt Del to get out of the program. I'm sure the solution is very simple but I can't figure it out.
Other problem is I have to resize the display each time to read SH result.
Some times the screen will freeze up.
And I can't find a way to save the date file I=from the SH program.
Other wise it seems like a great program.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Signing out of SH
Hi ronjoh - Welcome to the forum!

Here is an excerpt from one of my previous posts on the problem:
The minimized, normal, and maximized properties aren't read from the start properties, it reads a registry key. The last program's state is written to a binary registry key named geometry that is located in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jedimark\SleepyHead\MainWindow.

First, export the MainWindow to some where you can find it on your computer. It's a right-click option. Then delete the geometry key. Try going to your start icon for SleepyHead and right-click and check the properties to set it to Normal window. Start SleepyHead and see if corrects your problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"First, export the MainWindow to some where you can find it on your computer". I'm assuming your referring to the Welcome to Sleepy Head page. Right click doesn't work on this page?
The SH properties was already set to Normal?
Post Reply Post Reply
No. It is a key declaration in the registry listing for SleepyHead. I'm advising that you make a backup of it in case you wish to restore SleepyHead back to its current condition.

. . . I should have asked this sooner; "You are using Windows, aren't you?"
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks but maybe I need a little more details. Yes, I'm on win 7 but can't seem to find that file.
Appreciate the help. I'm just curious , but does everyone loading sleepyhead have this problem? I was thinking of deleting the program and downloading it again.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Deleting and reinstalling SleepyHead won't delete the the Windows system registry entry. This is what I was referring to.

Here is a link to the same problem you're describing:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...et-me-quit

Here are the steps to delete the SleepyHead registry entry:
  • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Jedimark\SleepyHead\MainWindow\geometry
  1. Make sure that SleepyHead is NOT running.
  2. Do one of the following:
    1. Goto Start(lower left on screen) or
    2. Press the Windows Key + R
  3. Type:regedit.
  4. Select the OK button or press the ENTER key.
    • (Regedit is a database viewer for the Windows operating system. A database viewer is described as viewing an inverted tree structure. You start at the root and progress outward to a branch to another branch and so on.)
  5. Locate the HKEY_CURRENT_USER key and press the plus sign (+) to expand its listings.
  6. Scroll down and repeat the above step for Software, Jedimark, and SleepyHead entries.
  7. When you expand SleepyHead you will see the entry MainWindow.
  8. Right-click on MainWindow and select Export. Save it to a location that you can find this file later.
    • (This is in case you need to reinstall it.)
  9. Look at the right panel. Locate and delete the entry named geometry.
  10. Exit the registry editor.
  11. Try SleepyHead now. It should work correctly.
I hope this may help.

Edit:
I have created a batch file to automate all the steps above.
File to download: SleepyHead Display Reset
Download this file and then double-click on it to run it.
That's it! Try SleepyHead now.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
It now works great. Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.