Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to find distilled water?
RE: Where to find distilled water?
I am at the summer cottage and opening up for the season. Here is why I use a Zero Water pitcher and it works great.  Well it came out sideways, but you can see the yellow turbidity in the raw water and how it is clear in the glass.  It gets more clear later in the year, but this is what a good water filter can do.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=21549]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeprider, have you measured the TDS (total disolved solids) in the filtered water, as compared to the tap water?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My local Walmart has been out of stock on distilled water for over a month now. I blame the meth industry.  Bug-eyed Too-funny I mean how many people still need to top off their car battery, which was my only previous use for distilled water before CPAP? Or it could be because people are stocking up for end times.  Dont-know Anyway, I already had a stash because unopened I don't think it ever goes "bad."

But in any case, tap water can do. It's only that you have to clean the mineral deposits out of the tub more often, that's all.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-04-2020, 12:12 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Sleeprider, have you measured the TDS (total disolved solids) in the filtered water, as compared to the tap water?

From 215 treated to 004 ppm.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
I couldn't find distiller water locally and go through a lot of it, so I bought a Megahome water distiller on Ebay.  It was marked up quite a bit, but if it doesn't break on me, it will be worth it.  Takes most of the day to make a gallon of distiller water, but that's okay by me.

-Amin
Nothing I say on the forum should be taken as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Do you have a Menards?  I just picked some up there.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, great thread, thanks for all the info...
I have a Berkey water filter system, from what I have read here I will be OK using that water...my local stores' fluctuate in their stock of distilled, so I will graduate to filtered...
thanks all, stay well...
Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 199 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 91 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 86 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,805 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,372 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 444 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.