Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to get GENUINE Resmed Airsense S10 FILTERS?
RE: Where to get GENUINE Resmed Airsense S10 FILTERS?
OEM ResMed filters are available at ResMed's proprietary online store [DME Link Removed] Supplier #30, but the price is sky-high.

OEM ResMed standard filters are available somewhat less expensively at [DME Link Removed] Supplier #29. Still high IMO.
Part # 36851 - 2 standard filters - $3 which is $1.50 each.
Part # 36852 - 12 standard filters - $15 which is $1.25 each.
Part # 36853 - 50 standard filters - $55 which is $1.10 each.
[DME Link Removed]  Supplier #29 has a dropdown box to select the quantity you want.

So the OEM filters are in fact available if you feel you require them. Whether the cheaper ones are good enough, or even the same, is a separate question. I'm not a ResMed employee or DME employee, just a regular PAP user sharing some information.

The OEM ResMed hypoallergenic filters are also available at [DME Link Removed]  Supplier #29. Part 36856, 36857, 36858.

All these say "made IN Australia" which also happens to be ResMed headquarters. Packaging does not say "made in China" nor does it say "made FOR ResMed"

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I've heard a number of folks make the claim that filters only protect the machine. I guess folks who leverage that thinking forget that whatever passes the filter and is ingested by the machine, in turn very likely to ends up in your lungs - assuming it passes the humidifier. The entire objective of the Hypo filters is to do a better job of blocking the particles that are 8 microns and below.

The standard Resmed filter is rated at 75% efficiency with down to 7 microns. Meaning, 25% of particles over 7 microns will pass. There is no spec at which 100% of the particles will get blocked, but that could perhaps be around 20 microns +/-.

The Hypoallergenic Resmed filter is rated at 98% efficiency down to 7-8 micron and 80% of particles down to 0.5 micron. That will cover most types of pollen and is absolutely qualified for the Hypoallergenic claim. It's also capable of capturing other kinds of airborne contaminates like mold spores, animal dander, various bacteria, and many common dusts considerably better than the standard filter.

Like I said, visually looking at how much contaminations went past the standard filter of the Dreamstation, and was caught in the secondary Hypoallergenic made me a life long believer. Clearly, if the Hypo filter was darker and more soiled than the Std filter, that means three things. #1, the machine ingested less debris, and #2, this in turn means less debris ended up passing through the machine to my lungs, and #3, the standard filters actually pass alot of particles and the Hypo filter definitely does a better job. That cannot be disputed.

So, while I understand that this is the same air I breathe during the rest of the day - assuming the AQ is evenly distributed around the house, this does in turn mean that I am avoiding 1/3 of the accumulated debris while I sleep for the ~8 hours. So, the reality is, while sleeping, not only do I get the crucial Cpap therapy, but also, a cleaner inhalation of air for 1/3 of my life, which is a bonus.

That said, this is all based on OEM filters which have a very high likelihood of actually performing as spec'd, which was my original point. When you use unnamed, dubious sourced, and untested generics, I think it's very safe to assume the filtering performance will be somewhat worse than the genuine version. For the common consumer, it's impossible to test, so you are at the mercy of the ultimate unknown manufacturer. Seems very odd when you think about it that filters don't have to be tested or certified for a medical device.

Again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm just trying to differentiate facts so folks can make a decision that is right for them. Paying $2.50 every month or two for a genuine filter I can trust is worth it to me. I'm worth it. I do however recognize that this added cost could be a hardship for others less fortunate, and I'm sorry for that. I still however believe we should only reflect on the facts, and let folks choose what makes most sense for them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have four different kinds of filter in my supply drawer: ResMed, CareFusion, Sunset, and Roscoe. Roscoe is a hypoallergenic foam filter; the three others are described as "standard" and appear to be some probably non-woven material. If I hold them up to the light and look through them, the standard filters all have about the same visibility through them--I can make out the shape of my finger. I can't see any shape through the Roscoe filter.
The standard filters are all ones sent me by my DME at various times, while the Roscoe Medical filter I bought from Amazon. (The package also says "Manufactured for Compass Health Brands Corp.).

All filters are labelled "Made in USA".

I change filters once every two to three months, unless we've had a lot of smoke from wild fires, etc.

Overall, I prefer to use hypo allergenic filters.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2021, 12:59 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: ....  Roscoe is a hypoallergenic foam filter; ... the Roscoe Medical filter I bought from Amazon.  

I could only find the Roscoe filters on Amazon advertised for the Resmed S9. Are they compatible (same size) as the filters for the Airsense 10? If not could you provide a link on Amazon. Here if allowed, if not please PM it to me. 

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, S9 and A10 filters are the same.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2021, 06:10 PM)Tinkerbell Wrote: We want the real Resmed Brand filters and I believe they are Product code 36851. However, our supplier sent us some CPAPHERO brand and they are at least half the thickness as the original These should be less than a $1 each...way less. What has happened?
Any suggestions?

I very recently switched from a Dreamstation to a ResMed, so I’ve also been looking for a source for affordable ResMed filters.  From what I’ve learned it seems the manufacturer for the “official” ResMed filters is AG Industries.  Unfortunately, most places I’ve looked seem to charge absurd prices for the AG Industries filters (over $2/each for hypoallergenic!).

In doing more searching I found a company called Betty Mills that seems to supply a wide range of products including AG filters.  Searching for Betty Mills and AG Industries should get you to the right place.

Their prices seem to be far more reasonable.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2021, 11:44 AM)ClearSkies Wrote: I very recently switched from a Dreamstation to a ResMed, so I’ve also been looking for a source for affordable ResMed filters.  From what I’ve learned it seems the manufacturer for the “official” ResMed filters is AG Industries.  Unfortunately, most places I’ve looked seem to charge absurd prices for the AG Industries filters (over $2/each for hypoallergenic!).

In doing more searching I found a company called Betty Mills that seems to supply a wide range of products including AG filters.  Searching for Betty Mills and AG Industries should get you to the right place.

Their prices seem to be far more reasonable.

Well, I assume you all seem to say the AG Industries filters are the same size and THICKNESS as the OEM RESMED Filters. I see a site that does show the AG36856 2 pack at $1.52 and for SIX 2 packs shipping is only $3.99. Not bad but are these the same as RESMED? We have the Airsense 10 for Her. The site does have good reviews and it is NOT the Betty Mills site mentioned above.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2021, 09:38 PM)clownbell Wrote: OEM ResMed filters are available at ResMed's proprietary online store [DME Link Removed] Supplier #30, but the price is sky-high.

OEM ResMed standard filters are available somewhat less expensively at [DME Link Removed] [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #29. Still high IMO.
Part # 36851 - 2 standard filters - $3 which is $1.50 each.
Part # 36852 - 12 standard filters - $15 which is $1.25 each.
Part # 36853 - 50 standard filters - $55 which is $1.10 each.
[DME Link Removed]  [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #29 has a dropdown box to select the quantity you want.

So the OEM filters are in fact available if you feel you require them. Whether the cheaper ones are good enough, or even the same, is a separate question. I'm not a ResMed employee or DME employee, just a regular PAP user sharing some information.

The OEM ResMed hypoallergenic filters are also available at [DME Link Removed]  [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #29. Part 36856, 36857, 36858.

All these say "made IN Australia" which also happens to be ResMed headquarters. Packaging does not say "made in China" nor does it say "made FOR ResMed"

Well, 12 for $1.25 each is not bad for Genuine filters, but can you send me a PM with the link as the link was removed.
Thank You
-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
When searching the part number listed above, I found that Walmart is selling a brand, Mars Wellness, that is made in the USA. They have 52 for $15, 20 for 10 and 40 for 13.50.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2021, 03:12 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: When searching  the part number listed above, I found that Walmart is selling a brand, Mars Wellness, that is made in the USA.  They have 52 for $15, 20 for 10 and 40 for 13.50.

Thank you but which part number? I see  a lot on Walmart but not sure which one and if it is supposed to be for the S10. Is MARS supposed to be the same thickness as the RESMED? I hate to keep asking but this should not be so hard to get!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 179 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,589 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 176 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,224 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 176 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 170 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,030 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.