Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to get GENUINE Resmed Airsense S10 FILTERS?
RE: Where to get GENUINE Resmed Airsense S10 FILTERS?
No doubt Resmed doesn't make their own filters, nor likely a fair number of the individual components in their machines either, so AG certainly could be the true maker.

I think the issue is, while many suppliers, including #29, do carry the Resmed packaged Hypo filters in 2/12/50 packs, I am not seeing a whole lot of search results for AG versions in bulk. Mostly I'm seeing just the 2 packs. However, that Betty Mills (not on suppler list - any no URL included) does have the 2-Packs available (Item # IND FHAG36856-PK) at a cost of $1.83/Pk plus shipping.  The shipping on the bottom end is $8.06, so you do have to get a few packs to amortize that shipping to see a savings.  I did not however go far enough in the process to see if they charge tax.

At 6 packs, or 12 filters, (comparable to the 36857) the total cost is $18.83 which is a pretty good deal, provided again that AG is for fact the actual manufacturer.  With additional searches, there might be an even better deal for these out there.  Good find !!
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2021, 11:51 AM)mrmagloo Wrote: No doubt Resmed doesn't make their own filters, nor likely a fair number of the individual components in their machines either, so AG certainly could be the true maker.

I think the issue is, while many suppliers, including #29, do carry the Resmed packaged Hypo filters in 2/12/50 packs, I am not seeing a whole lot of search results for AG versions in bulk. Mostly I'm seeing just the 2 packs. However, that Betty Mills (not on suppler list - any no URL included) does have the 2-Packs available (Item # IND FHAG36856-PK) at a cost of $1.83/Pk plus shipping.  The shipping on the bottom end is $8.06, so you do have to get a few packs to amortize that shipping to see a savings.  I did not however go far enough in the process to see if they charge tax.

At 6 packs, or 12 filters, (comparable to the 36857) the total cost is $18.83 which is a pretty good deal, provided again that AG is for fact the actual manufacturer.  With additional searches, there might be an even better deal for these out there.  Good find !!

I paid less than that for shipping (about $7) so the shipping charge may vary by location.  I wasn’t charged tax, possibly because my state doesn’t consider medical devices and accessories as taxable or because Betty Mills doesn’t have a facility in my state.  I also found a number of coupons that are available depending on the size of the order and if you purchased 5 or more packs they cut the price per pack.  They also shipped very fast.  I got my order in less than 2 days.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-21-2021, 12:17 PM)ClearSkies Wrote: I paid less than that for shipping (about $7) so the shipping charge may vary by location.  I wasn’t charged tax, possibly because my state doesn’t consider medical devices and accessories as taxable or because Betty Mills doesn’t have a facility in my state.  I also found a number of coupons that are available depending on the size of the order and if you purchased 5 or more packs they cut the price per pack.  They also shipped very fast.  I got my order in less than 2 days.

Awesome feedback - Thank you!  I did notice when I went back to the BM site after making my post here, that there was a popup with a discount offer.  BONUS !!
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe a few more questions...

If you switch from a 'standard' filter, to one of the 'hypoallergic' types, will that mean you may have to adjust your pressure settings?  Will doing so make the machine work harder?  Are the 'hypos' also hand washable?

Following this thread with great interest...

TIA Y'all!

FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2021, 04:04 AM)FLcracker Wrote: Maybe a few more questions...

If you switch from a 'standard' filter, to one of the 'hypoallergic' types, will that mean you may have to adjust your pressure settings?  Will doing so make the machine work harder?  Are the 'hypos' also hand washable?

Following this thread with great interest...

TIA Y'all!

FLc
No pressure adjustments should be needed for hypoallergenic filters since all of the machine’s pressure sensors are downstream of the filter.

In theory, yes the machine may have to draw slightly more power to overcome the added flow resistance of the filter, however the greater power draw comes from the back pressure on the output air side of the motor.  So depending on how much total flow  obstruction there is in your tubing, mask, and airways, the amount of additional flow restriction in the filter may be so low as to not contribute to any additional power draw.

As far as I know the hypoallergenic filters are disposable only.  I haven’t tried but I suspect that washing them would cause them to fall apart.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually the Hypo filters are made from, "Acrylic and polypropylene fibres in a polypropylene carrier".

They are not marketed as washable, like the typical foam pre-filters you see with some machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd tend to think that CPAP manufacturers don't want you to know that the filters are washable. They'd rather have you buy new ones. 

The ones sent to me (SunSet) are not marked as washable or reusable. If you carefully examine one, there's nothing in particular about the filter to prevent such. 

When I do wash mine, I'm careful not to bend, fold, crease, or do anything that might inhibit it's performance. I'm very pleased with how easily they are to clean. They come out looking like new. 

For whatever reason, my filters just don't get all that dirty in the first place. Not compared to some on here who comment about their filters actually being discolored or black in appearance. I've NEVER had anything close to that. 

Anyways, I have no financial connections or interest in the brand of filters sent to me by my DME supplier. All I know is that they look to be identical to the original filter that came in my machine, that they appear to be well-constructed, and are made in the USA.  like
Post Reply Post Reply
BG... Are you using 'regular' filters or the 'hypo' ones?

I have a dozen of the hypos ordered and on the way... The first time I change one out after use, I'll see if the basic wash technique does it any harm.  If not, they should last us a couple years at least.

Abn ATW!

FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using the regular filters. As far as I know, I don't need the hypo-allergenic ones.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just Imho, the Hypo filters by composition should not immediately be negatively affected by soap or water. At least the PolyPro is very inert, and to a lesser degree the Acrylic which will degrade slightly by getting brittle over time and exposure. However, there is always that chance that the structure of the fibers could be changed as a result of the washing/cleaning process to allow larger particles to pass. Without testing equipment, it's pretty hard to tell.

In my opinion, washing once to get 2 uses out of each should be OK. Going beyond that would be up to the individual. I would not however recommend using a high power sink sprayer which very well could create wider passages between the fibers. Again, the problem is, there is just no way to judge a change in performance. Eyeballs just can't register particles down to 0.5 microns, let alone 10 microns. Even the best of us can only see to around 20 to 30 microns. Just my .02 fwiw.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,368 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 126 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,931 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 129 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 155 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 993 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,143 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.