Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to get GENUINE Resmed Airsense S10 FILTERS?
RE: Where to get GENUINE Resmed Airsense S10 FILTERS?
BG

Roger that... She has a bad allergy problem...I call it 'serial sneezin' ... one after the other, after the other.  We have large oaks on our property, and when they are in bloom, it just really affects her big time. Dogs carry the pollen into the house, and one sleeps in our bedroom every night.  I think the 'hypos' may really help her some.

Whenever I change out the first filter, as said I'll do the gentle hand-wash thing, then post the results.

Thanks for your input.

FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-23-2021, 11:26 AM)Big Guy Wrote: For whatever reason, my filters just don't get all that dirty in the first place. Not compared to some on here who comment about their filters actually being discolored or black in appearance. I've NEVER had anything close to that. 
Same here. I think it's an indoor air quality issue. We keep our windows closed and run either the furnace or the central air conditioner as needed. There are just too many allergens out there! We also have a room air cleaner in the bedroom that we run at night mostly as a white noise generator, but it traps a lot of dust

Another thing that can turn any air filter black is burning candles indoors.

You can tell by looking at a ResMed filter that it just doesn't do that much to improve the quality of the air that you breathe.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
@BIGGUY

THE NICER VERSION IS THE CF2107HA SUNSET MED HYPOALLERGENIC (1 TO A PKG) AND THE REGULAR ONE IS CF2107-1 (2 TO A PACKAGE) -- BOTH ARE ONE-TIME USE/NOT WASHABLE

THE EQUIVALENT HA VERSION  IS RESMED PART IS 36856 AND MY DME WILL SHIP IT IF SPECIFIED BY PART NUMBER.

NOW TO CLEAN MY JAMMED CAPS LOCK KEY.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2021, 02:16 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: @BIGGUY

THE NICER VERSION IS THE CF2107HA SUNSET MED HYPOALLERGENIC (1 TO A PKG) AND THE REGULAR ONE IS CF2107-1 (2 TO A PACKAGE) -- BOTH ARE ONE-TIME USE/NOT WASHABLE

THE EQUIVALENT HA VERSION  IS RESMED PART IS 36856 AND MY DME WILL SHIP IT IF SPECIFIED BY PART NUMBER.

LOL!   Lolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2021, 02:16 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: @BIGGUY

You are correct in regards to the regular filter part # (CF2107-1). They are INDEED washable. The manufacturer would like you to think it's not reusable and/or washable. But........it is. 

I've been doing just that for some time now. They clean up very well. I'm not saying that other should do it, rather, that they can if they like.
Post Reply Post Reply
So, are the Sunset filters as thick as the Resmed OEM filters? Still having a lot of trouble finding them but did see a place where I could get the Sunset 6 pack (CF21076) and if I get 2 six packs it is only about $1.40 each with shipping. They say it is the OEM 36850 but are they as thick?
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I can tell, the Sunset air filters are just as thick as the one that came with my machine. 

They're the ones that my DME supplier sends me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2021, 06:07 PM)Big Guy Wrote: From what I can tell, the Sunset air filters are just as thick as the one that came with my machine. 

They're the ones that my DME supplier sends me.

OK, I may try them...
Post Reply Post Reply
Mizz C's AHI numbers have dropped from an average of about 3+, to an average of 1+, since about a week of using the hypo filters. So they do indeed show an improvement over the 'regular' filters. Also the every morning sneezing fits, have almost come to a stand still.

Once the first filter is ready to replace in a few more weeks, I'll try hand washing , and see what it does.

FLc
If It Weren't For 'Flashbacks', I'd Have No Memory At All
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2021, 06:03 AM)FLcracker Wrote: Mizz C's AHI numbers have dropped from an average of about 3+, to an average of 1+, since about a week of using the hypo filters.  So they do indeed show an improvement over the 'regular' filters.  Also the every morning sneezing fits, have almost come to a stand still.

Once the first filter is ready to replace in  a few more weeks, I'll try hand washing , and see what it does.

FLc

That's excellent news to hear. Good for her!    Well-done

When you wash the filter, you don't need to manhandle them. Be careful not to fold, bend, or crease them. Hot water, a drop or two of liquid dish soap, and a gentle finger massage. 

When done, rinse with water and lay it down on a paper towel and pat dry. They fully air dry in a matter of 10-15 min. or so.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 173 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,578 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 173 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,211 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 174 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 170 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 1,029 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.