Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to get Inexpensive Supplies
RE: Where to get Inexpensive Supplies
Hi margy72,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you can find a mask that fits within your price range.
I wish you good luck with your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Laugh-a-lotVomitVomit
(11-01-2016, 03:26 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Mask Bright sells masks tooooooooo.

They're selling used masks! Disgusting! The website doesn't say where they're located or give a phone number. Buyer beware.

From their website:

All of our masks have a little use. They have been used in a lab setting. Some have been used for a couple hours while others have been used up to 20 hours. All of our masks are in very good shape. All our masks are thoroughly cleaned prior to selling. Very often there are whole masks or mask parts that are still sealed and unused. If the condition of the mask is a concern to you, we may be able to show you a picture of the exact mask you are interested in.

Vomit
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed eeew
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Supplier #1 has a program where people wanting to try a mask can do so and "insure" it so as to be able to return it and get a refund if they don't like it, or in some instances just try it out free, and send it back if it doesn't work for an individual. I don't know what they do with the returns, but that is certainly worth a phone call to see if you can get a gently used return at a deep discount. Probably some others do the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
The best place to get inexpensive supplies? Depends on your idea of inexpensive. Use our Supplier's List and just go shopping around. Decide what costs are worth it to you and go from there. Just remember, if a mask or mask part is drastically cheaper than a respected online supplier such as Supplier #26 (which is who I use), then buyer beware.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Used masks.... ugh...
Post Reply Post Reply
I have bought all my replacement and backup supplies from Amazon. They are all brand new.
P10 mask: $64
P10 large pillow: $11
Heated tube for prs1: $35
Regular tube: $9
Backup tank:$19
Micro filters: $10 for 48 pieces
Foam filters:$9 for 6

Also, if you want to trial a mask, some vendors on Amazon will let you trial it for 15 days. You need to ask.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2016, 07:58 PM)AshSF Wrote: I have bought all my replacement and backup supplies from Amazon. They are all brand new.
P10 mask: $64
P10 large pillow: $11
Heated tube for prs1: $35
Regular tube: $9
Backup tank:$19
Micro filters: $10 for 48 pieces
Foam filters:$9 for 6

Also, if you want to trial a mask, some vendors on Amazon will let you trial it for 15 days. You need to ask.

Some people are critical of the use of this sales channel. All I can say is thank goodness people have someplace to turn when costs elsewhere are out of control. The transparency of posting a price should be a part of all medical care. Think of the problems that alone would solve.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2016, 04:28 AM)big_dave Wrote: Laugh-a-lotVomitVomit
(11-01-2016, 03:26 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Mask Bright sells masks tooooooooo.

They're selling used masks! Disgusting! The website doesn't say where they're located or give a phone number. Buyer beware.

I don't have a problem with it at all. These things CAN be cleaned you know. Chemical disinfection is a valid sterilization method. My standard cleaning method for stuff that does not come in a sealed package is to wash in Dawn Dishwashing detergent and then soak in Control III disinfectant. The site STATES that they are used. Not hiding anything. Saves someone a bundle; if you have no insurance helping you along, it's good to know that you can do this. The 2 oz size of Control III is plenty for a year or more as it is a concentrate. If it still freaks you out, you can boil the mask for a few minutes as well.

FWIW, here's a link for temperatures and times if boiling is your method at least for Resmed Masks (from Resmed Site) http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2016, 04:28 AM)big_dave Wrote: They're selling used masks! Disgusting! The website doesn't say where they're located or give a phone number. Buyer beware.

The Mask Bright site is run by AXG Sleep Diagnostics. The PayPal payment is to them and that is the return shipping address. You can Google them. I have bought three masks from them and was pleased.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 154 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 376 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 389 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,576 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Where to send unused/unopened CPAP supplies? highrateleaker 1 524 11-25-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.