Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Where to purchase Supplies
Where to purchase Supplies
First I do know there is a list of suppliers on here already.  My question is I pay 50 % DMI, also the company I purchased the machine from was sold to another company.  The new company contacted me about purchasing supplies which I have not done since getting the machine in June. Up to this point, everything has been fine. They called me and I asked how much was a new medium size cushion for the Amara View mask I was quoted $15 and My insurance covered it 100%. and I informed them think that's wrong then asked to verify it because my DMI was 50% not 100% covrage and he said he would call back which he never did. I wanted to switch to a new company because I didn't feel comfortable with them not knowing correct info and not returning my call. The insurance company gave me this whole run around about switching and what needs to be done. I said I'll just call them all I need is this mask cushion.(I much rather deal with an online company if I could). After calling back they once again told me it was 100% covered again. I informed them it was 50% so they called the insurance company only to verify I was correct at 50 %. So I then ask the cost of the mask she said $23 dollars I question why did it go up if it was $15 dollars last week when I was covered 100%  should couldn't give me an answer. Well, we all know why the price was higher. Personally, I can't stand when business operates in that manner. This cushion can purchase out of pocket on Amazon for the same cost. I really want to find a DMI dealer that is honest and trustworthy but I'm guessing I would have better luck finding an honest and trustworthy mattress or car salesman. Sorry for the long post but any feedback would be appreciated. PS saw my doctor and she said I look 10 years younger and the best I have in years and credits it to the Capa theropy.

Thank
William
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where to purchase Supplies
William, odds are that combining companies has caused some confusion there (I've been through a couple of mergers.)  They may get it together in time, but are not in time for you now.

Ask them if they can email or mail to you a price list of the supplies for your CPAP and mask set-up.  Their written info should be more accurate than a phone call, and should have good descriptions/item numbers.  Then you can look on Amazon and compare prices and shipping, as you know what your co-pay will be.  If you can anticipate your needs and get a small stock-pile going, you'll never be in a urgent situation (with higher shipping costs).  

For me, with my insurance, Amazon is cheaper so far than my co-pay with DME Co. except for one item (mask straps).  

Good to hear that your CPAP is working out for you.    Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
You are handling the situation correctly. ASK what are the charges before you order and accept the merchandise. I have to use Apria with my insurance, an HMO. The HMO is large enough that Apria has its own telephone number. They are accurate as the the dates I can order and what I can order.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm handling correctly. There are quoting me two differnt prices  when I was full covrage one price and when I was 50% it was another. 

You are handling the situation correctly. ASK what are the charges before you order and accept the merchandise. I have to use Apria with my insurance, an HMO. The HMO is large enough that Apria has its own telephone number. They are accurate as the the dates I can order and what I can order

Thank you for your quick response I will do that.
Post Reply Post Reply
Insurance companies negotiate discounts for themselves.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Who Do You Get Your Supplies From? Fritz1255 2 209 03-29-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 124 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,702 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 241 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 341 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 997 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 446 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.