Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Shadowpup] ASV Therapy Thread
RE: [Shadowpup] ASV Therapy Thread
Shadowpup, I'd be interested to hear or see more details about the splint and other positional therapy aids you are using. This is a common problem, and one solution does not work for all. Your explanation could be very helpful to others looking to improve their stubborn positional issues.

Your therapy has evolved a great deal, and success stories like yours are why the forum is so important and our work is satisfying.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see I failed to respond to this last post.  It was the time when my mother was passing from the complications of Altzheimer's and my wife was beginning her descent.  But the people on this forum have been a great help with my apnea therapy and I owe this response however late.

My neck splint consists of two and one half soft cervical 4" collars.  Stacked and glued, the assembly is about 9" tall.  The chin location is squeezed down to about 8".  The length of the collars is cut to better fit my 8" diameter neck.  There is a removable sleeve that is washed.  One assembly lasts about 8 months before it deforms and loses effectiveness.  It fits tight around my neck and tight vertically under my chin.  The higher sides keep my head from tilting from side to side.  My chin is held noticeably and firmly high.  Basically, I can't flex my neck in any direction.

Currently at 830 days with the ASV.  Most nights I record zero events.  As my collar degrades, my numbers go up.  So now I build the next collar before needed and have it ready.

Successfully, treating my sleep apnea has turned my life around.  I was born in 1947 and will run a 5K this morning at 14F.
Post Reply Post Reply
14" circumference neck, not 8" diameter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Shadowpup, sorry for your losses over the past year and thanks for sharing your experience and solution.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 67 1,183 6 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 858 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 37 1,064 04-16-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 580 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 482 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 533 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 811 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.