Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Newbee - 1st Evening Failure
RE: Newbee - 1st Evening Failure
@ SarcasticDave

I understand exactly what you are saying mate Smile I'm just on a bit of a downer but will kick my butt and toughen up....no sense moping around and being sooky when there is something to investigate/ evaluate and contemplate.

To the other members that posted, thank you for your input and comments, thank you also for trying to cheer me up and pull me out of the doldrums.

Now I got the Airsense 10 Auto because it is supposed to be a good machine, it was on special and it was also the exact same model that i did the CPAP Titration Test on.

And I hired the same machine, used it for a week or so and here are the Respiration figures from that machine.

When I converted to the machine that we bought, which is identical, the first evening i topped at 39.20 but I used it for only 70 minutes or so, every other evening the 95% and Max have been indicating 50.

I firmly believe that this indicates the readings are inaccurate and incorrectly recorded.

These are the figures from the hire machine.
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
These are Respiration Figures from the HIRE machine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2020, 05:46 AM)multicast Wrote: First of all, don't be anxious: All's well that ends will, and so shall it be.

Please adjust the flow rate diagram as follows: set the range of the flow range from -80 to +80 (Right click on the diagramm title -> y-axis -> override (or the like, I have the German version running) -> Min to -80, Max to 80).  Furthermore check the button "dotted lines -> zero".

Your flow rate appears strange, but don't worry, it just appears strange.  Remember that no one can see the raw data of the flow rate (different to Respironics machines).  All of the raw data are already preprocessed by the machine in some way, unknown to us.  These processed date are than "interpreted " in a way; a first interpretation is the zero line, which is not the "real one" but already calculated.  Due to this processed data the machine calculates many parameters as the respiration rate (maybe this way): if there's a certain flank steepness above some threshold, mark it as "respiration".  But all this "calculation" and "interpretation" is not much more than anthropomancy, an ancient reading of the entrails ...  

We have no way to see if these interpretation correspond to what's really happening, besides in your case: What the machine shows cannot be related to real events: You don't have an actual respiration rate of 50.

Keep in mind that our machines are made for treatment, not for medical and scientific measurements.  (None of our machines can even detect flow limitations, because they are not built to measure such events.)

All the best,

Mike

Mike,

I made the adjustments to indicate +80  and -80  but cannot see zero for the dotted lines.

Cheers Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Tony, your median statistics from the hire machine are 100% normal. Do you have the capability to return the one that was recording the erroneous information? I'm really sorry you had to go through this as the result of a machine error. In my defense, I think nearly every alarming post I made had the caveat, "if this is real", or something similar.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2020, 05:30 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Tony, your median statistics from the hire machine are 100% normal. Do you have the capability to return the one that was recording the erroneous information?  I'm really sorry you had to go through this as the result of a machine error.  In my defense, I think nearly every alarming post I made had the caveat, "if this is real", or something similar.

Sleeprider old mate, please do not feel guilty cause my head is not fully where it should be. It isn't your fault and i certainly appreciate the truth because telling me some bullcrap wouldn't help. It also needs to be remebered it is a discussion thread, not a free "Diagnosis" thread. Anyone that can't handle the opinions shouldn't be there.

Honestly........ I do appreciate everyones comments and thoughts. The virus is getting to me, I lost 2 cousins in the UK and have 5 more relos in hospital and it really stuffs with your mind :Sad  Now I have a nephew out here in hospital Sad

On Saturday I did speak to the business that we purchased it off and they are more than happy to send it to Resmed and get it checked...... but given this time of year they are quoting 6 weeks turn around and they have no ability to supply a loan machine unless it is paid for, which is $35 per week.

I'm going to give Resmed a call and see what i can do with them. I reckon i have a decent case to get a loaner off them.I'll keep everyone updated Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Good piece of detective work, there, Snooks. Best of luck with ResMed -- they owe you a solid!
Post Reply Post Reply
Go get a good machine. Maybe that one you've got now was built somewhere other than Oz and can't operate accurately running upside down. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good Morning Ladies & Gentlemen, its has been approximately 7 weeks since I made the appointment to visit Redmed and have the machine tested, and/or re-calibrated.

1.  Given it was two weeks before Christmas it was always going to be a lengthy time until it came back. I was given an identical machine to use whilst mine was being checked, at no charge.
  2. They stated that they did not know of or have any experience with OSCAR. They stated that as such, they cannot even confirm that my machine would report properly on Oscar and as such, it is more than likely the machine is functioning fine. But as mentioned above, they took it and gave me the loan machine.
  3. I showed them the charts indicating a constant maximum of 50 breaths per minute from my machine. I then showed them the first machine i rented from them and it showed i topped out around 38bpm and averaged around 26 0r so.
  4. The FIRST NIGHT using the replacement machine, i topped out at 43bpm and averaged around 26bpm again. I sent a screenshot to the technician so they could see that two machines reported fine, but the machine i bought and subsequently claimed to be faulty, was showing far different numbers.
  5. Yesterday I had a call saying i could go in and pick up a brand new machine as mine was being replaced.
So.......last night was a hot and humid evening and I have a bit of a cold, so the evening, in fact all evenings for the last 3 days, was quite challenging. Stuffy nose and that sort of stuff. (I use Resmed F20 FFM)

The chart below shows the respiration rate and it speaks for itself :Smile The group of events including most of the CA's, note that I believe they were caused by me tossing and turning and getting comfy, combined with larger air leak at the same time, and as such can be disregarded.

So thank you everyone for your help, your comments and your support. Once again this forum proved to be an amazing resource and a very good bunch of guys :Smile  Thank you one and all Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Well hey, hey, HEY, look at you! Great to get this update.
Post Reply Post Reply
@ Dormeo I would of updated earlier but until the machine came back, obviously I couldn't.

At least we proved our point like
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  F30 Full Face Mask - total failure?? BobH56 20 3,287 12-05-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rhwoe
  CPAP Failure, ASV Attempter, Still Failure ophiuchus 16 1,420 07-10-2023, 05:59 AM
Last Post: ophiuchus
  Set myself up for failure? Newbie768 4 539 01-15-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket
  [Pressure] Maximum pressure in heart failure? edgnoj 0 483 11-04-2022, 04:58 AM
Last Post: edgnoj
  Resmed F20 Touch (foam) failure points snorin2 2 741 09-03-2022, 01:54 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Would appreciate any input, failure to find 8 hrs of sleep in more than a year. SammNeedsHelp 8 1,060 08-01-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: SammNeedsHelp
  The Most Likely Part Failure Sleeprider 37 4,954 06-24-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: AZGuy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.