Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] ResMed S9 used
RE: ResMed S9 used
Suzie, why not start with a nasal pillows mask like the Resmed Airfit P10. These masks are the lightest and most comfortable, and easy to fit. The only drawback is if your son does not maintain a seal with his tongue at the back of his throat, and air flows from his mouth. Many of us use these. You can get one for $65 with all 3 nasal pillow sized on Amazon, no prescription. Look for Airfit P10 System - Retail - 62900. If he needs a full face mask due to mouth breathing or leaks, the F10 is about $100. He should measure for the mask size. Here is a link to a fitting template. http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...ow_eng.pdf

If you will tell me online or in a PM what city you live in, I might be able to find more options for a machine as well. Also, remember your primary physician can prescribe CPAP equipment based on his interview or opinion of your son's condition, without a sleep test. It won't work with insurance, but it will work. Also several online providers provide a reasonable prescription service. Supplier #30 has services for as little as $99 based on a questionnaire, to $300 with a complete home sleep test. This can establish a valid prescription you can use pretty much anywhere.

Finally, SecondwindCPAP offers a gently used Resmed S9 Elite for $299 and an Autoset for $379. Either machine would have full support and warranty from a legitimate supplier. The owner is a respiratory therapist and may be able to suggest a way to reasonably obtain a prescription. See Supplier #2. The S9 Autoset would have the advantage of automatically adjusting to the pressure needs of your son, provides full data and is worth the extra money.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much for all the great info.  We live in Easton, MD.  I will check on Amazon for the pillow masks. So far, I think the best deal for the CPAP is with the Canadian company, needs no prescription, for the ResMed Air Sense 10, brand new, for $495.  Thoughts on that?
Post Reply Post Reply
You'll want to make sure you have the data capable version of AirSense 10 - if it says Autoset, it is also somewhat self-modifying in pressure levels and you can narrow in on what is optimal after several days of data in SleepyHead.

I have the Airsense 10 Autoset for Her and it is great.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can get an Airsense 10 Autoset for $495, that is an excellent deal on what I consider the best auto CPAP on the market.

I see the Washington DC Craigslist has a new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for $495. Also a S9 Autoset for $180 in Alexandria. For the S9 the model name is just above the control knob on top of the machine. For the Airsense 10, it is on the front of the machine at the bottom right next to the humidifier. I strongly recommend the Autoset in either the S9 or A10.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.