Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which FF mask after dreamwear?
Which FF mask after dreamwear?
I recently got my machine and mask. I tried out about 10 masks and at the end the most comfortable was the dreamwear. However I didn't account for my anti grinding mouth guard at the store. At home when I wear it at night I seem to get a lot of mouth leak and wake up with a sore throat, exhaustion feeling after using the machine so I need a full face mask. Can someone give me some recommendations on ff masks that are known to be very comfortable, non intrusive or don't feel like you have pounds of plastic on your face when using?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which FF mask after dreamwear?
Your profile lists nasal pillows but the dreramwear is considered a nasal mask not pillows. So, my question is whether you might like actual pillows like the Airfit P10? I would try this before going with a FFM. If the P10s don't work then there is a new F20 nasal mask you might like. In other words - try all other options before the FFM.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2016, 12:28 PM)sonicboom Wrote: Your profile lists nasal pillows but the dreramwear is considered a nasal mask not pillows. So, my question is whether you might like actual pillows like the Airfit P10? I would try this before going with a FFM. If the P10s don't work then there is a new F20 nasal mask you might like. In other words - try all other options before the FFM.

No I didn't like any of the nasal ones (the ones that go inside the nostrils) but only the dreamwear was comfortable, it feels so nice and light. I did try the p10 at the store and didn't like it and your right the dreamwear is a nasal mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Amara View FFM seals at the nose similar to the DreamWear mask. It's is a minimalist design which may be what you are looking for.
Post Reply Post Reply
Simplus FFM. Comfortable, simple, great seal
Post Reply Post Reply
I use the DreamWear mask and just bought an Amara View full face mask to use when my nose is stuffy. Have only used it a few nights to test it out, but thus far it is very comfortable to me and the leak rate is acceptable for my ResMed. The "nose" part fits/works just like the DreamWear cushion, and, on the whole, the mask doesn't seem heavy to me, nor does the different configuration for the hose weigh down and pull against the mask and cause problems. Though my DME had determined, with a DreamWear size guide, that I should have a medium size frame and medium size mask for the DreamWear, I have since found that a large frame and small cushion is a much better fit for me. I bought the Amara View on my own, not through the DME, and used the Amara View size guide to determine which mask to wear - the guide indicates that I should wear a "medium" size mask, and all seems well, so I'll stick with that. The Amara View kit comes with small, medium and large size, though, so you can try different things out if you need to. I did note, that on the first "Amara View" night, I had an unusually high number and variety of events overnight. Also noted, during the next day, that I should have changed the ResMed mask setting from "nasal" to "full face". Not sure if it was coincidental, but after I changed that setting, the activity for the following nights was 0.1, which is much more the norm for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi!

Newbie to cpap here. It was my very first night using the DreamWear mask and loaner DreamStation Auto w/hum. The mask is a little tight for me as it has left day long marks on my upper cheekbones that have lasted the entire day (they gave me a small and have ordered a medium which arrives in a week). What I wanted to say was that I placed 2 flat hair barrettes on the back of my mask. Seemed to stop the mask from riding up. Mind you, I have longish hair. This solution may have been posted on the forum but I thought I would chime in as it did help me. I figure the split back is for low slung ponytail wearers however, I wear my ponytail way up on top of my head.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2017, 09:31 PM)TrailerSweetheart Wrote: Hi!

Newbie to cpap here.  It was my very first night using the DreamWear mask and loaner DreamStation Auto w/hum.  The mask is a little tight for me as it has left day long marks on my upper cheekbones that have lasted the entire day (they gave me a small and have ordered a medium which arrives in a week).  What I wanted to say was that I placed 2 flat hair barrettes on the back of my mask.  Seemed to stop the mask from riding up.  Mind you, I have longish hair. This solution may have been posted on the forum but I thought I would chime in as it did help me.  I figure the split back is for low slung ponytail wearers however, I wear my ponytail way up on top of my head.

Ughh!  So sorry, I posted this on the wrong thread and I can't find an option to delete and post it in the correct spot.  My apologies!
Post Reply Post Reply
I second the F&P Simplus.

I am only just beginning my therapy, and the first two masks I came home with were the F&P Simplus (recommended by my DME), and the DreamWear (I preferred the nasal pillow during my sleep study, and this looked like it might be even more comfortable - I also thought I'd like the hose position better).

I've been using both, and to my surprise, I find the F&P Simplus to be surprisingly comfortable and trouble-free.  The DreamWear starts out to be more comfortable (less re-breathing, and air feels a little "stuffy" (if that makes any sense), but over the course of the night, it's quite fussy (find myself waking and adjusting more often, and after the first night have also had issues with mouth leak).  Additionally, in my case the hose position interferes with the headboard of my bed, so I have to sleep backwards in the bed.

One other difference, is that I'm told that when I'm sleeping, the F&P Simplus is generally "silent" (though I have noticed a "whistle" a couple of times, which seems to go away if I rub the vent holes on the front of the mask with my fingers); I'm told that the DreamWear is more annoying (I suspect that this is because it leaks sometimes when I roll in bed, but even while I'm still awake, the cpap machine seems to be working harder to provide my pressure setting and IS slightly louder).

I hadn't realized that the DreamWear is a nasal mask; I intend to swap my DreamWear for a nasal pillow (and some mechanism to help keep my mouth closed at night).

I still like the idea of a nasal pillow, but the F&P Simplus works surprisingly well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2017, 10:14 PM)eawinter Wrote: the F&P Simplus is generally "silent" (though I have noticed a "whistle" a couple of times, which seems to go away if I rub the vent holes on the front of the mask with my fingers)

I have exactly the same issue occasionally. I think it's just condensation in the exhaust holes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 295 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 332 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 512 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 583 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
  Modifying DREAMWEAR silicone nasal pillow mask xaid 2 716 07-01-2023, 11:33 AM
  Dreamwear pillow mask fit. frame too small? jerop 6 757 05-19-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.