Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which Is Noisier? Resmed A10 Elite VS Respironics 60 Pro...
Which Is Noisier? Resmed A10 Elite VS Respironics 60 Pro...
I am still in the testing phase. I spent about 2 weeks with a Philips Respironics 60 Series Pro CPAP. I have spent another week with a Resmed A10 Elite. At first I thought the A10 was very quiet but it seems to make very audible "breathing" or "air movement" sounds as I breath. There is also a slight, faint whirring sound. I don't remember the Philips being as loud... Is it just me?

As far as everything else goes, the Resmed is pretty good. The smaller footprint, the bright coloured screen that gives me feedback when i wake up, the much easier to access, fill and clean moisturizer, the better functioning moisturizer, are some of the things I find better than the Respironics.

Any comments?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which Is Noisier? Resmed A10 Elite VS Respironics 60 Pro...
Ford / Chevy. I mean what oil do you put in your car?

The machines are different but the number of people that actually have a choice, let alone a basis of comparison is very small.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My question is only about the noise they make.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think it almost comes down to a question of luck. I've had two S9s - one was absolutely silent and the other is quite audible (though certainly not loud). I also had a Respironics Bipap ASV for a short time - that was also silent. Other members have commented - some that their machine is very quiet, others that it's too loud. If it's loud enough to disturb your sleep (or your partner's) then see if you can get it exchanged.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,072 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 789 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 676 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.