Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which Jackery
Which Jackery
I’m looking to buy a Jackery battery power unit for power outages and camping. I have an Apex xt auto.  I can’t seem to find how much power it draws.  Anyone know which Jackery unit would be sufficient for 8 hours of use?  Anyone use a Jackery with their Apex?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which Jackery
Anyone?
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you try googling their site up to get the information off there?? They have a fair few specs that may help.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
The key to a power solution is determining your device's power consumption at the pressure you use. With a suitable meter, you can make the necessary measurement yourself and work out a solution.

Your best bet would be to ask your CPAP manufacturer how many amperes your unit draws at your prescribed pressure level at the voltage necessary to operate the machine (and accessories). You may need to plus up the capacity to compensate for energy lost in the inverter to convert 12vdc to 115vac. Be sure to factor in the energy consumed by a humidifier and heated hose if they are essential.

Check with the CPAP device manufacturer as the battery manufacturer is not likely to make a recommendation when they know it will be used for a medical device.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Heathclose, I did some research on the Jackery units because I'm also looking for something that can be used where AC power is not available. The 500 runs up to 600 watts and can be recharged from solar. In return, it is a heavier, larger and more expensive unit. Looking through the line, the 240 and 160 are capable of running things like CPAP machines and laptop computers for a fair amount of time. The decision really comes down to what size loads you want to run, and how much weight and cost you want to accept in return for that. If your ideal of camping involves watching TV or running small AC appliances, and you are not hiking this to your campsite, you need the big one. If you are backpacking in the wilds and want to run a travel CPAP like the AirMini or REMzzz, you can get by with the 240 or 160 which will give you several days of run-time and the capability for solar charging for up to weeks away from power.

If I'm thinking of using it on a boat where the size and weight are not a problem, and I might want to run more electronics. or even a vacuum, the 500 or next size down is a no-brainer. If I wanted it for my motorcycle for cross-country camping to run my CPAP, that would be a different choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am also considering this Jackery 160 battery pack for the odd times I need to boondock or to charge devices while rv'ing or on the go. I am hoping someone can help me with these watts/volts/amps etc as I, like many others find it confusing. However I found a camping blog online that helped me figure out how to calculate amp drawn by hour which I hopefully did right using my RemStar System One 560 specs. "Watts/volts=amp draw". Using the 560's specs, the charge cable that came with my 560 is 80W / 12 = 6.67 amp draw (per hour?). Looking at the specs on the Jackery 160 12V DC Output shows 7A. So I assume that means it will work. So once again, no humidifier and pressure setting at 10.

I also have a ResMed AirSense 10 Elite and PR DreamStation Go which I believe from my research use more power being 24 volts/110 than the System One which is 12 volts. I hope this is accurate. If it is and had I known this, I never would have bought the expensive DreamStation Go as I have never had an intention to buy the costly $450 Cdn battery that goes on it.

From reading other peoples reviews, it seems I should have no problems using my System One APAP without humidifier, purchase and use a DC cable with the Jackery 160. I only need to be able to get up to 8 hours use per day as I usually only get 5-6 hours sleep a night anyway.

Anyone able to tell me if I'm on the right track?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've posted my Jackery results in this forum. They should be found easily by searching for the word Jackery.

If you don't plan to use humidification, you will be able to use a Jackery for several days.

The major consumption comes from humidification and heat.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks I would be using my PR System One 560 with humidifier detached.  I still have to buy a 12V DC power cable to use it.  Good to know this will work for a couple of nights.

Also wondering if there is a 12V DC power cable to use with my DreamStation Go portable auto CPAP machine (which I have been unable to find myself) or if it is only 24 volt with an option to add a battery - which I am not interested in spending that much money for a battery to be used very occasionally.

Thank you.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently bought a Golabs 300r on Amazon, It weighs 8lbs and has the LIPO batteries. I did a test with my Resmed airsense 10 with the humidifier on Off and was able to get 4 nights of use at 8 hr. each night. You need to also buy a DC to DC converter cord. I bought the one from Amazon for $31 and it works fine.

The unit usually cost $300 but now there is a $100 off coupon.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.