Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which Model?
Which Model?
Which model machine would you take?

Phillips Respironics System One Auto BiPap (760P) with Humidifier and Heated Hose (New Machine)

or

Phillips Respironics System One BiPap AutoSV (950P) with Humidifier (No Heated Hose) - (Machine has 1200 hours on it) I'd order the rainout control product.

I have a whacked out DME who doesn't really know what they are doing.

Sleep Study AHI was in 70's (Severe OSA and CA) - I've tried both machines and get good results with both.

Ideas? Reasoning?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which Model?
Hi bronty,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm curious, did you have a sleep study and if so, did they determine that you needed an ASV machine? I'm not sure I would take the ASV machine you mentioned in your post, because it has so many hours on it.
Hang in there for other suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and your machine decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I did have a sleep study done and a bipap was indicated. When I went to the DME, they gave me the ASV and told me that it was a better unit. It appeared to be new and never told me it wasn't. I then went into the clinicians menu and it showed 1200 hours of usage.

I was on a 760P auto bipap and was averaging 4-5 AHI due to a number of CA and CSRs. I need a very high level of pressure at times but not for very long, it seems.

Since I went on the ASV, I'm down to AHI of .8 to 1.2

Like you said, concerned about the hours but I know if I raise a stink they will give me a 760 (which I already have - bought it on my own).

Post Reply Post Reply
If it were me and I had already bought a 760P I would opt for the 960P if you have insurance that is picking up the tab even though it has some hours on it. That is just me.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
1200 hours is around six or seven months' use (assuming 6 - 8 hours per night) which is not a lot for a machine which should last five years or more. However, they should not be passing it off as a new machine - that's fraud in anyone's language.

If you have a high percentage of central apnea there's no question you should go for an ASV machine - you will get much better therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2015, 10:37 AM)bronty Wrote: Like you said, concerned about the hours but I know if I raise a stink they will give me a 760 (which I already have - bought it on my own).
I would contact the Insurance company and inform them the unit they are paying for is not new. They will contact the DME and make that right. The Insurance company doesn't want to pay for a used machine if they know about it.

[size=x-small]Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) BiLevel Auto
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2015, 08:12 PM)bronty Wrote: Which model machine would you take?

Phillips Respironics System One Auto BiPap (760P) with Humidifier and Heated Hose (New Machine)

or

Phillips Respironics System One BiPap AutoSV (950P) with Humidifier (No Heated Hose) - (Machine has 1200 hours on it) I'd order the rainout control product.

I have a whacked out DME who doesn't really know what they are doing.

Sleep Study AHI was in 70's (Severe OSA and CA) - I've tried both machines and get good results with both.

Ideas? Reasoning?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

With CA events, you need the ASV machine. The PRS1 950P is not a current model and should not be sold to you as a new machine. The current one is a 960P and is compatible with the heated hose. In fact it will work with all the 60 series humidifiers.

I agree with starting with a discussion with your insurer. If you have a need and prescription for the BiPAP Auto SV device, you should not have to make this compromise. I'm sure the insurance company is being charged the full freight on a machine, and would rather you get the current model. The 760P is a great machine, and very comfortable, but without a backup rate, cannot provide treatment for the CA events you have.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what model is this? airwaystent 8 382 02-05-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  ResMed AirSense 10 Respond Model and OSCAR upsman 6 2,096 10-06-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,083 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed Curve 10 need model # help Fiveseven108 17 1,167 09-16-2022, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Greywolfe
  [Equipment] F&P SleepStyle (new model) Help with setup? BethT 5 987 05-24-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: BethT
  [Equipment] Other brands and model alternatives to Dreamstation autoSV DSX900T11C ggoodrich 2 1,070 08-24-2021, 03:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Does anyone know when ResMed is likely to replace the S10 with a new model? green wings 12 2,489 02-19-2021, 03:03 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.