Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: ResMed Vs Respironics
This poll is closed.
ResMed
57.14%
8 57.14%
Respironics
42.86%
6 42.86%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Which Res? Urgent!
RE: Which Res? Urgent!
(07-08-2014, 11:35 AM)cowboy1970 Wrote: I left a message with my doctor's office yesterday, explaining that I wanted a ResMed S9 AutoSet with H5i humidifier, washable tub, climateline, and puritan breeze mask. I told them the pressure settings I used for years before were MIN STARTING 9 - MAX 20. The machine kept it around 11 most of the night.

This morning they called back to tell me that this would be fine, except they will only set the air to 9, no adjusting.

Two things:

1. You can always just set it yourself to whatever you want.

2. Maybe there's some merit to doing it their way. Try it at 9 for awhile and see what happens. It could end up being better for you.

Either way, the important thing is that they give you the S9 Autoset so you have options for future adjustments.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which Res? Urgent!
(07-08-2014, 08:37 PM)Sleepster Wrote: Two things:

1. You can always just set it yourself to whatever you want.

2. Maybe there's some merit to doing it their way. Try it at 9 for awhile and see what happens. It could end up being better for you.

Either way, the important thing is that they give you the S9 Autoset so you have options for future adjustments.

I agree completely. I have a Resmed S8 VPAP Auto that was originally set up as a bilevel CPAP. I tried it in auto mode for a while and my results got worse and it was running at a lower pressure than what had been set as the bilevel. I ended up going back to the bilevel mode and my results improved back to where they had been immediately.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Urgent Mask Leak Help Zaiforce 4 534 12-14-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [Symptoms] urgent help needed: "Flutter" on falling asleep (on PAP or otherwise) ewriter 21 1,821 09-07-2023, 02:57 PM
Last Post: ewriter
Angry Fastest way to get new ASV machine under urgent circumstances? Midge 82 16 1,265 04-05-2023, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Midge 82
  Urgent! Why is my CPAP therapy causing weird stomach pains, bloating, gas and IBS? WWu777 21 4,847 12-07-2020, 12:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Need urgent help with Sefam Dreamstar auto - new to sleep apnea vale94 4 1,252 05-29-2020, 04:58 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question URGENT: CALL FROM DME RE: RESMED ST vs RESMED ST-A Plmnb 4 1,130 02-12-2020, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Urgent advice needed - In hospital - Lots of CA's and respiratory feels depressed MyronH 14 2,887 05-20-2018, 07:40 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.