Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

Sex: Male

RE: Which Res? Urgent!
(07-08-2014 11:35 AM)cowboy1970 Wrote:  I left a message with my doctor's office yesterday, explaining that I wanted a ResMed S9 AutoSet with H5i humidifier, washable tub, climateline, and puritan breeze mask. I told them the pressure settings I used for years before were MIN STARTING 9 - MAX 20. The machine kept it around 11 most of the night.

This morning they called back to tell me that this would be fine, except they will only set the air to 9, no adjusting.

Two things:

1. You can always just set it yourself to whatever you want.

2. Maybe there's some merit to doing it their way. Try it at 9 for awhile and see what happens. It could end up being better for you.

Either way, the important thing is that they give you the S9 Autoset so you have options for future adjustments.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
07-08-2014 08:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaytonA Offline
Wiki Editor
Monitors

Machine: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: H5i(distilled-top up)
CPAP Pressure: VAuto MinE14.0 MaxI 20.6 PS4.0
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Which Res? Urgent!
(07-08-2014 08:37 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  Two things:

1. You can always just set it yourself to whatever you want.

2. Maybe there's some merit to doing it their way. Try it at 9 for awhile and see what happens. It could end up being better for you.

Either way, the important thing is that they give you the S9 Autoset so you have options for future adjustments.

I agree completely. I have a Resmed S8 VPAP Auto that was originally set up as a bilevel CPAP. I tried it in auto mode for a while and my results got worse and it was running at a lower pressure than what had been set as the bilevel. I ended up going back to the bilevel mode and my results improved back to where they had been immediately.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
07-09-2014 11:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Need urgent help with prescription conversion ebitansky 6 680 05-20-2016 02:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1