Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which Travel CPAP Machine should I get? + a few other questions
RE: Which Travel CPAP Machine should I get? + a few other questions
Filters should either be replaced or cleaned if they're suitable for cleaning. Monthly changes or cleaning sound acceptable.
Ramp sets a lower than therapy pressure when you activate or start the machine depending on machine. It is supposed to help you fall asleep under low pressure. The problem that exists is that Ramp pressure is below your therapy needs, and apnea events can happen during the Ramp. It is best to not use it. If your starting at 7 or near that, Ramp should not be necessary.
Software is likely not available, but check with the manufacturer. Most PAP machines do not get firmware updates like a computer would.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2020, 12:12 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Filters should either be replaced or cleaned if they're suitable for cleaning. Monthly changes or cleaning sound acceptable.
Ramp sets a lower than therapy pressure when you activate or start the machine depending on machine. It is supposed to help you fall asleep under low pressure. The problem that exists is that Ramp pressure is below your therapy needs, and apnea events can happen during the Ramp. It is best to not use it. If your starting at 7 or near that, Ramp should not be necessary.
Software is likely not available, but check with the manufacturer. Most PAP machines do not get firmware updates like a computer would.

Thanks. How do you clean it though? By scrubbing it with soap and water? Or just dusting it off with a brush? Is it like an air filter that air conditioners use?

If I have to replace them, I can just get them cheaply on sites like Amazon or Ebay right?
Post Reply Post Reply
The Z2 uses disposable filters available on Ebay at 2 for $8.00 USD and $8.50 to $10.50 on Amazon. Another option may be to order less-expensive filters from a different brand and cut them to fit. I don't know who suggested washing the filter, but most of us just put in a new one.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 158 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,679 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 307 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 627 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.