Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which are the "good" DME suppliers?
Which are the "good" DME suppliers?
I've had my machine for about 4 years, and have been tied to Apria for that entire time. While I don't have any particular horror stories about Apria, I also have been less than impressed with their competence. The latest mess is that they seem unable to correctly file claims with my Medicare Advantage Plan provider.

So: who is better? I checked with my insurance provider and found out they will work with LifeWatch and Novasom, neither of whom I've ever heard of. But of course, I'd never heard of Apria until I needed a CPAP machine.

Does anyone have experience with either of these DME providers that they would like to share? If it looks like it's worth switching, I think I would like to switch.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which are the "good" DME suppliers?
Consider calling back your insurance company and asking them if you bought your machine at an online retailer, would they cover it out of network? Way less hassle.

I can't help you on these providers. Don't know a thing about them.
Post Reply Post Reply
If Lifewatch is Lifewatch, Inc of New York:

There looks to currently be an open investigation into their business practices by the Florida Attorney General for deceptive business practices (related to robocalling elderly for medical alert systems). There are lots of one-star reviews on Yelp.

Can't find anything on NovaSom as a DME, just as sleep study provider.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2015, 09:41 AM)kimgh Wrote: I've had my machine for about 4 years, and have been tied to Apria for that entire time. While I don't have any particular horror stories about Apria, I also have been less than impressed with their competence. The latest mess is that they seem unable to correctly file claims with my Medicare Advantage Plan provider.

So: who is better? I checked with my insurance provider and found out they will work with LifeWatch and Novasom, neither of whom I've ever heard of. But of course, I'd never heard of Apria until I needed a CPAP machine.

Does anyone have experience with either of these DME providers that they would like to share? If it looks like it's worth switching, I think I would like to switch.

Thanks.

Hi kimgh,
Unless you want to pay out of pocket, you are pretty much stuck with whomever your insurance has a contract with. Never heard of the two you listed, and it depends on where you live what is available to you.

Apria is well known, but not in a good way.Sad

As Mosquitobait suggested, call your insurance and see if they cover out of network, which is what online retailers would be.

I have Medicare advantage, and they do cover online retailers as out of network, but it is up to me to submit all the paperwork, and I am not reimbursed as much as using a participating provider that insurance contracts with.

It all depends on what you are willing to put up with.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 64 8 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 195 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  [Symptoms] Good until 3am, then awake sadness AvocadoSniffer 2 140 04-12-2024, 12:04 AM
Last Post: AvocadoSniffer
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 10 785 04-03-2024, 01:39 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Sad [Pressure] Using BiPap Resmed Aircurve 10, still exhausted, good O2 Levels LordofKings 14 378 04-02-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: LordofKings
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 134 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 210 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.