Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which data point indicates that air is venting out?
Which data point indicates that air is venting out?
I'm wanting to analyze my data to see if I can determine (by numbers) if my mask was not venting any/enough air.  Which data point gives that info?  Leak rate?  Minute vent?  Anything?

One of these is from Thurs. Nov. 14th (a bad night of sleep and horrible dreams of being killed, plus a killer headache the next day, due to - I believe - my F20 with quiet elbow not adequately venting out my air), and the other is from Tues. Nov. 19th (a good night of sleep, thanks to switching to the well-venting loud elbow for the F20).

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which data point indicates that air is venting out?
(11-22-2019, 12:03 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: I'm wanting to analyze my data to see if I can determine (by numbers) if my mask was not venting any/enough air.  Which data point gives that info?  Leak rate?  Minute vent?  Anything?

One of these is from Thurs. Nov. 14th (a bad night of sleep and horrible dreams of being killed, plus a killer headache the next day, due to - I believe - my F20 with quiet elbow not adequately venting out my air), and the other is from Tues. Nov. 19th (a good night of sleep, thanks to switching to the well-venting loud elbow for the F20).

The difference between the two leak lines is the intentional leak of the mask or to put it another way the amount of air vented
Post Reply Post Reply
Hydrangea I'm sure you're aware the Dreamstation has a setting for mask type, eg X1, X2 etc. Perhaps you need to adjust this, especially as you're using a non-Philips mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2019, 09:13 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Hydrangea I'm sure you're aware the Dreamstation has a setting for mask type, eg X1, X2 etc. Perhaps you need to adjust this, especially as you're using a non-Philips mask.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm aware.

Ever since my P10s tried to smother me in my sleep, I've been going back and forth among my other masks to find "the one".  So I figured I'd just leave the mask setting where it's at, to take 1 less moving component out of the picture.

P.S. How did you know I haven't been keeping that setting matched with my mask? Lucky guess? Or can you tell from my data?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2019, 02:34 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: The difference between the two leak lines is the intentional leak of the mask or to put it another way the amount of air vented

Thanks!  But I'm still confused.  What exactly tells me the amount of air vented?
Post Reply Post Reply
Intentional, unintentional, or total leak/vent.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2019, 05:58 AM)bonjour Wrote: Intentional, unintentional, or total leak/vent.

Oooh.  Okay.  Thanks.  I see those are not in my screenshots.  I guess those aren't lines that I usually peek at.  I'll have to pull that up on my computer, and look at them.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Single Point Low O2 Data mcman56 1 251 11-16-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  The point of CPAP Machine explained ? Gregsleep 6 645 10-20-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 32 12,501 07-26-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: snorin2
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Airmini leaking noise at the humidx connection point ggoom 1 1,629 04-24-2022, 01:11 PM
Last Post: SleepinAZ
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 800 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.