Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which machine?
Which machine?
Hi guys, I was recently diagnosed with sleep apnea and I want to be able to make a decision on buying a machine quickly.

The following machines are available for me to pick:
1. SleepCube AutoAdjust Plus APAP
2. Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP
3. F&P Icon Auto CPAP with humidifier
4. REMstar System One 60 Auto CPAP
5. DeVilbiss Blue Auto Plust Auto PAP

There are some features that I definetly feel I need:
1) Humidifier (in built or can be added to later).
2) Very good data recording and viewing.
-I want to be able to view the data, ME, I don't want to have to take my data to a 3rd party to have it checked.
-Data should be viewable on PC, software shouldn't cost much if at all.

I also have a BEARD- the beard stays! What suggestions for masks would there be for a beardy man like me? I'm leaning towards nasal pillows, are the masks interchangable with different machines or proprietary? Do tubes or hoses come seperately or is this something I should ask the supplier (which I'll do in the morning).

In case you're interested and if it helps, the supplier I'm looking at is Intus Healthcare, the website "EU PAP" which can be Googled.

Please save me from making hard decisions, I need your brains as mine is sleeping all the time XD
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which machine?
Of the machines on your list, I'd put #2 as first choice; and #4 as second choice.
Sleepyhead works well with both machines -- it's free -- written by a hosehead.
Hoses are usually priced extra; but all standard hoses have a 22mm coupler on the mask end.
Masks can be mixed and matched -- ResMed mask on PR machine if you like.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bonk123,
Mongo has given you good suggestions (I would follow him) He has given me good suggestions that I am very thankful for!

Confusedleepwell:

Hi Bonk123,
Mongo has given you good suggestions (I would follow him) He has given me good suggestions that I am very thankful for!

I enjoy being with a group who like to share their "Hosehead" experiences, to remind me I am not alone.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really like the DreamStation.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2016, 06:55 PM)Bonk123 Wrote: In case you're interested and if it helps, the supplier I'm looking at is Intus Healthcare, the website "EU PAP" which can be Googled.
I looked them up and noted some prices:
DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine £699.00
DreamStation Heated Humidifier £189.00
[Please note that this Heated Hose is not included as standard and is an optional extra that can be added to your order here]

System One REMstar 60 Auto CPAP System £499.00
System One REMstar 60 Heated Humidifier £150.00
System One REMstar 60 Heated Humidifier with Heated Hose £299.00

ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Humidifier £785.00
(not sure whether the heated hose is included or optional extra)

SleepCube AutoAdjust Plus Auto-CPAP £495.00
SleepCube Heated Humidifier £150.00

DeVilbiss Blue Auto Plus Automatic CPAP Machine £795.00
DeVilbiss Blue Standard Heated Humidifier £199.00
DeVilbiss Blue PulseDose Heated Humidifier £299.00

They don't sell ResMed machines, I assume ResMed machines aren't sold in UK and only available through NHS

If I've to pick one, I choose System One REMstar 60 Auto CPAP System with the heated hose option

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bonk123,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you start your CPAP journey and hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation Auto and PRS1 60 series Auto are both the same manufacturer. There are minor upgrades with the new Dreamstation series, but nothing that would be worth the £300 difference. You may also want to check out Supplier #2 on the supplier list as they ship internationally and have significantly lower prices. That would allow you to also consider the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset.

Both the above machines provide full efficacy data and are easy to use and setup. I'd try to make nasal pillows work. i also have beard and mustache and have had good success with the Resmed Airfit P10 pillows.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,143 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,789 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,249 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.