Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which machine to pick out tomorrow?
Which machine to pick out tomorrow?
Hi guys, my husband and i have to go pick out our CRAP machines tomorrow.
I asked you all in another thread what I should pick out as I am a mouth breather and you have all answered me in the thread I have noted before.
It was called, Thread-Diagnosis-Hi-new-here-Question-Please

As it turns out, my husband has been only slightly diagnosed with it, as opposed to my being severely so.
Therefore rather than him being turned off of it all together due to being given a machine that is to much for him, or makes him feel claustrophobic, I am hoping you can suggest one for him that he will end up using.

Can any of you recommend such a machine model?

He tends to be a restless sleeper and a huge bed hog. I have a queen size bed and no matter what i somehow end up on the last 2 inches of the bed while he's spread out arms and legs.....he did actually push me off one night a few years ago ( not that he realized he did )......and occasionally in his sleep he will stretch is arms and they come crashing down on my head afterwards....

I think it might be time for separate bedrooms soon but in the meantime, the description of his sleeping patterns above might show him to be a restless sleeper so I'm concerned if he has something too overpowering, or that will make him feel claustrophobia, it will last 2 nights and he will give up on it. I have just read of too many people that do and since his isn't severe apnea anyhow I wold hope he finds one that is comfortable enough for him to sleep in.

That AND a straight jacket perhaps? :grin:

Thank you!

BTW, we already had our tests which is how we know which level of Sleep Apnea we have but they are sending us each back for a second one for the first place did not wake us up at all and make us lie on our sides. Both of us slept on our backs all night.
We had hospital beds, so we both were lifting the bottom for our legs, and the back for our heads and making ourselves so comfortable, I don't think anyone in those positions would have rolled onto their sides, but I gather the test results aren't 100% accurate without testing us sleeping on our sides so here we go again Rolleyes
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which machine to pick out tomorrow?
Here ya go:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-28-2013, 04:17 PM)ShelaghDB Wrote: He tends to be a restless sleeper and a huge bed hog. I have a queen size bed and no matter what i somehow end up on the last 2 inches of the bed while he's spread out arms and legs.....he did actually push me off one night a few years ago ( not that he realized he did )......and occasionally in his sleep he will stretch is arms and they come crashing down on my head afterwards....
Remind me of myself before CPAP but not anymore since started using the CPAP. My condition was apnea related
I did some googling and seem describe a condition called REM Sleep Behavior Disorder (RBD), not necessary describe your husband condition
REM sleep is usually associated with dreaming and most people don,t act out their dreams but people with RBD they tend to act out their dreams as the paralysis which occur during REM is incomplete or absent
Post Reply Post Reply
I think that the mask would be an important factor more than what type of machine to get unless I am reading your post wrong.

I will read it again and see.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,144 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Help assessing recent charts, appt. tomorrow (!) Julia63 3 461 08-28-2023, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PLEASE help with settings for ASV coming tomorrow. OSCAR data attached. hopeforusall 41 2,351 06-08-2023, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,790 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  Well tomorrow: Ending Therapy Big Guy 4 791 08-20-2022, 03:34 PM
Last Post: joepublic23
  Getting My New BiPap Tomorrow Need Help Setting Up jdelcore71 9 1,073 06-14-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: jdelcore71
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.