Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which masks to try???
Which masks to try???
After 2 weeks of fighting I finally have my DME coming out to supposedly help me find a full face mask to try. Any suggestions one how to find the right size? Or which are the best masks? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which masks to try???
If you sleep on your stomach, the full face mask will not work.

However, I think most people here like the Mirage Quattro or one of the hybrids. (part over the mouth, part nasal pillows)
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Trying hard to get used to sleeping on my back or side so wanted to try a full mask and see how that goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Let us know which ones you try and how it goes.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I recommend the ResMed Quattro, as I have found after extensive testing that it is best for me. It is the one with the forehead support. If you can try both for a while, also try the Quattro FX. It does not have the support, seems far less intrusive, but does not work for my face. You will ultimately find what you need, and with a full mask, can sleep on your side or back very easily. I tried the Resperonics ComfortGel blue, but it did not work for me. I still have it, but don't use it.
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried the Swift FX, Mirage Liberty, Quattro FX, Mirage Quattro and Innomed Hybrid...in that order in my 8 months of therapy now...and the winner for me is the Quattro FX. Needed the ffm because of mouth leaks and the Quattro FX provides me the best combination of fit, comfort and excellent low AHI and leak scores out of all of the ffm's I've tried. As always, your results may differ.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 345 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 220 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 4 410 01-20-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 496 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed masks with magnets and coronary stents stillaliveca 0 455 12-19-2023, 10:12 PM
Last Post: stillaliveca

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.