Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which oximeter also produces ECG?
Question 
Which oximeter also produces ECG?
Hi, I am not treated for slaap apnea. But I want to test myself now and then with a pulse oximeter, to find out if I might suffer from this condition.

Can I combine that oximeter with decent ECG measurement in a an affordabe device? I would prefer to not exceed 120 dollars, if possible.

Is it important to add breath-registration via a nose-tube, or via measurement of chest compressions?

Should I look for a device that I can combine with Oscar software?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which oximeter also produces ECG?
There is not a home device that will do what you want the professional device will cost 1000’s of dollars. If you believe you have sleep apnoea talk to your dr
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2019, 01:30 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: There is not a home device that will do what you want the professional device will cost 1000’s of dollars. If you believe you have sleep apnoea talk to your dr

Thanks for your caring advice. I don't expect my 120 dollar device to produce the same quality ECGs as professional medical equipment. 

I will consult my GP, but nonetheless I want to own my personal pulse oximeter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Germany should have decent health care. Have you asked your doctor what the process is. They can do a home study, where someone will come out and hook you up and you sleep in your own bed. You may not need to go to the lab.

A recording CMS50f will show your O2 overnight and will indicate if there are o2 issues. There are other things tested in a study. I'm austraLian. My cms50f actually cost more at us$50, than was my copay to the home study.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-14-2019, 09:09 PM)ajack Wrote: Germany should have decent health care. Have you asked your doctor what the process is. They can do a home study, where someone will come out and hook you up and you sleep in your own bed. You may not need to go to the lab.

A recording CMS50f will show your O2 overnight and will indicate if there are o2 issues. There are other things tested in a study. I'm austraLian. My cms50f actually cost more at us$50, than was my copay to the home study.

Thanks for your wise advise. I am aware in detail of the possibilities and cost of medical consultation and professional monitoring.

Does the Contec CMS50F produce a detailed ECG via computer or smartphone?

Also the Contec CMS50K has ECG-function. I found that on the Contecmed website.
Post Reply Post Reply
Has the pulse, pulse strength and ECG waveform, but not the more detailed ECG sine wave. Look up the range they have. I'd not trust the ECG, these are all taken as indicator values. To then seek proper medical testing. It's up to you, the K looks a nice unit. It has bluetooth like the fw. In all probability they all have the same chip. I would be happy with any of them.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
The Rossmax SB200 is a pulse-oximeter that claims to also determine arterial condition.

I wonder if this oximeter can be used for overnight SpO2 measurement during eight hours, which is needed for sleep apnea monitoring.

https://www.rossmax.com/en/products/moni...meter.html
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 125 20,315 04-14-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: msfabus
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 196 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 274 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,554 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 205 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 665 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 281 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.