Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CPAP Data Card Corrupt?
CPAP Data Card Corrupt?
Greetings!

Computer is a iMac running Yosemite.

Let me explain to you the reasons why I think I have a CPAP data card could be corrupt (or again it could be a software issue):

On Friday, October 9, at 8 am, I put my data card into my computer write protected (of course) and BOTH Sleep Mapper & Sleepyhead only reported my nap that I took on October 8 from 4:30 to 7:15 pm or 2:45 hours of CPAP time. Neither Sleep Mapper nor Sleepyhead recorded my nighttime sleep activity with my CPAP for 6.5 hours. So, seeing that data card had uploaded only 2.45 hours of sleep data, I immediately got on my PAP machine for an additional 3 hours (while I was fully awake). When I got off the PAP machine at 11:30 am and struck my data card back into my computer BOTH Sleep Mapper & Sleepyhead were now telling me that in a 24 hour period, I was on my PAP machine for over 12 hours!! What happened? Why couldn't the data card and/or Sleep Mapper and Sleepyhead programs tell me on the onset at 8 am at I actually had close to 9 hours on my PAP machine?

This exact situation happened on Saturday, October 10, as well. I won't give you the bother you providing you with the details of it. But, let's say that I got more than 12 hours once again on my PAP machine. That's not exactly my first choice. I want to sleep with my PAP machine . . . but not be glued to it. My PAP machine is my buddy.

Another thing that is going on is that my data card sometimes won't upload (this symptom goes in and out) my current day's data on to Sleep Mapper and Sleepyhead. So, for an example, right now BOTH Sleep Mapper and Sleepyhead are showing sleep data for Sunday, October 11 currently. BOTH Sleep Mapper and Sleepyhead are suppose to be showing me sleep data for Tuesday, October 13.

Last thing, I want to mention in of my data card's failure of uploading adequate data to BOTH Sleep Mapper and Sleepyhead is that on October 11, I had no nap and in my sleep period with my PAP machine, I logged 4.5 hours. It was very similar to what happened on October 13 (that either CPAP sleep program is showing right now) and Sleep Mapper (the STABLE PROGRAM - OUT OF THE BOX) is telling me that I absolutely have NO USAGE for my 24 hour period, while Sleepyhead (the UNSTABLE PROGRAM - TESTING PROGRAM) backs up my own sleep data telling me that I have indeed 4:30 hours of time on my PAP machine!!

My Questions are:
1. Is it a data card problem of not properly recording the sleep data ? (I just got myself a new data card for my PAP machine from Supplier #1 just to in case - the forum's input says it's the data card).
2. Could my PAP machine clock drifted?
3. If it's NOT my data card . . . how can BOTH Sleep Mapper & Sleepyhead be having such an immensely difficult time performing recording adequate data collection activities and NOT presenting the data back to me in a fair truthful manner? Actually, I not as concerned about Sleepyhead right now (I take everything Sleepyhead give me with a grain of salt because it's a testing program), I'm very concerned that Sleep Mapper is the one that is giving me IMPROPER DATA!

Any input from my fellow PAPers?

Quip
Be the change that you wish to see in the world
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CPAP Data Card Corrupt?
I can't answer your question, but have a similar problem. Windows 10, can't see my CD card. myAir reports 14 days data detail. SH loads data from card, but only displays six days of data. I don't care if I loose the data on the card. Can I just reformat the card to FAT32 and start over accumulating data?

TIA,
otrpu
Love your family, treat your friend(s) well, and don't waste your time. Everything else is just so much BS. Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR not recognising SD card data from BMC alid 4 33 3 hours ago
Last Post: alid
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 81 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 49 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 292 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,632 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  AirSense 11 Data download csv file vs. card tkblizard 3 495 12-29-2023, 04:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Automating process of getting CPAP data mgdapnea 6 771 12-26-2023, 06:39 PM
Last Post: mgdapnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.