Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which pulse oximeter to buy
RE: Which pulse oximeter to buy
It looks like they forgot to renew coopermedical - but coopermedicalsupplies and pulseoxstore both get you to the same place

Which reminds me....
Post Reply Post Reply
I went ahead and changed their URL on our Supplier List, so that it goes to the pulseoxstore site instead, which is working fine.  It's the same company.

pholynyk, just as an FYI... I had to remove your ".com" in your post to be in compliance with the rules.  No harm, I know you were trying to help.

Thanks
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, hope everybody is OK!

Regarding pulse oximeters.  I have a CMS50i that I purchased new in February 2017.  I have been using it every other night (frequently every night)  along with CPAP + oxygen assist to keep track of my sleeping oxygen levels.

Prior to my 50i meter I used a CMS50EW with bluetooth.  The display on the 50EW gradually became so dim I had to purchase the 50i.  Now the 50i's display is becoming quite dim (at maximum brightness setting) so I suspect I soon will need to purchase another %SpO2 device with memory so I can continue to monitor my entire night's sleep.  Note: When I place the 50i in record mode, the display quickly turns off so I don't think I am burning out the display by having the meter run all night.  But then, what do I know about %SpO2 meter function and design.  The battery seems to have no trouble lasting the 8 - 10 hours -- providing I recharge it daily.

I have had no luck whatever in uploading the 50i data to SH -- and I have tried many times (if you look on my postings I included a chart showing what happens).  There's a good chance I'm doing something wrong trying to upload the meter's data but I don't know what I'm messing up.  I have not attempted to download the newer beta version of SH software -- maybe that is more compatible with the CMS50i meter?  Maybe my Win7 computer system is not compatible?  Does anybody have any thoughts / experience / advice about that?

Anyway, for what it's worth these are my experiences with %SpO2 meters which I feel I should use to assure my oxygen concentrater is working properly (my blood oxygen levels plunge well below the 88% critical level without the oxygen concentrater).  CPAP improved my AHI problem but did not help with my low %SpO2 levels much, if at all (I have CPAP and %SpO2 data before and after the oxygen assist addition).

Too many years of hard tuba playing probably messed up my lungs.

Thank you!
Tubaman
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-17-2018, 05:15 AM)Tubaman Wrote: Anyway, for what it's worth these are my experiences with %SpO2 meters which I feel I should use to assure my oxygen concentrater is working properly (my blood oxygen levels plunge well below the 88% critical level without the oxygen concentrater).  CPAP improved my AHI problem but did not help with my low %SpO2 levels much, if at all (I have CPAP and %SpO2 data before and after the oxygen assist addition).

Too many years of hard tuba playing probably messed up my lungs.

Thank you!
Tubaman

Does you oxygen level drop on without central apnea or obstructions? Or is it CA/OA's causing it? Do you use the alarm function to wake you up if it drops low?

My O2 is okay, unless I have a CA/OA. Then it will drop like a rock to low 80's, and one time 78%. Even shorter 15sec CA will make it drop like crazy. My doctor doesn't seem concerned, since I'm 46yo, and he says my AHI < 5 is controlled. But the other night, I woke up gasping, and HR 100+, because I had a 45sec CA in the early morning before I was about to wake up.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2016, 02:16 PM)_cy_ Wrote: bump for an old thread .. sooo what's the best pulse oximeter to purchase?

My DreamStation modem has what appears to be a mini USB port. Anyone know what kind of oximetry plugin it takes?
Geoffrey Rush as Philip Henslowe, (Shakespeare in Love) "I don't know. It's a mystery."
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-09-2018, 08:43 AM)Dawnstar Wrote: My DreamStation modem has what appears to be a mini USB port. Anyone know what kind of oximetry plugin it takes?

Bad news:  It looks like it's only a Nonin Xpod, very expensive ($700), priced for clinics rather than patients.  Here's a one-page PDF titled "Pulse Oximetry Reference Guide" at a Philips web site (a sub-site of windows.net) that has the details and part numbers:

https://philipsproductcontent.blob.core....fa2774.pdf

Apparently it's better to use a separate Contec CMS50, not connected to the CPAP machine, because its data can be imported into Sleepyhead.  The other one listed here is "ChoiceMMed MD300W1":

http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./wiki/Main_Page#Oximeters

From that Philips document:
Quote:Setup of oximetry requires 3 components:
  1. Dreamstation Cellular Modem, US with oximetry;
    Dreamstation Wi-Fi Accessory, US with oximetry;
    or a Dreamstation Link Module
  2. Nonin Xpod SpO2 assembly
  3. Nonin oximetry sensors
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,487 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Added an O2/Pulse meter to my therapy: Phaleronic 21 669 04-04-2024, 11:21 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,052 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,644 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 137 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
Question Oximeter Sensitivity mhjunk525 1 184 03-02-2024, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 251 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.