Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV?
RE: Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV?
Achieving good results with the Philips SV Auto is challenging, and your results are pretty typical of what we have seen from others. Before looking at the charts, I would have guessed that you need a higher PS max, but the machine only apparently provided up to PS 5.5 out of your maximum setting of 8.0. Although OSCAR statistics are questionable, we can still used the zoomed view to see what is happening with your flow rate and the machine response. I'd like you to try to zoom into a 2-minute long view around 2:00 so we can see what the cluster of hypopnea look like an how the machine is applying pressure support. The dark hash-marks along the top of the event chart are where the machine is initiating breaths, and another weakness of the Philips is that we don't have a good mask pressure graph to see. If you have one, please include it in the close-up. I'd really like to see why the machine is not supplying an adequate pressure support to break the hypopnea and apnea.

If you'd like me to split your thread into a therapy thread apart from the software question, let me know.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider,
Thanks for the reply. Here is the new screenshot. However, the major question is: PS max 5.5 - is it what my machine provided, or this is what OSCAR read? Before analyzing the charts we need to make sure they reflect the reality. 
Not only statistics, but also the numbers on the graphs seem wrong to me, and this is why I started not with therapy question, but with software question. For example, my EPAP min setting is 6, but on the graph EPAP most of the time is less, so it's not only the left side, but the charts themselves are not very reliable. 
By some reason, out of 2 month of data OSCAR could read only last 2 weeks, except usage and session times - all other graphs are empty for earlier dates. This is why I tried to install Encore - first of all to make sure that what we see on the screen is not a garbage. And this is me in OSCAR and provider's charts.why I am not posting now a therapy thread yet.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That is about a 18 minute view. Please tighten in to 2-minutes so we can see the actual wave-forms. Glad to see the mask pressure chart is there. I'd like to see that right below the flow rate.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here it is.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
How do you think your doctor would respond if you requested to try a Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV? I have to assume the flow rate is rendered correctly and the mask pressure and pressure charts appear to be responding as expected, but with too little and too slow of a response. Sometimes people just do better with the Resmed, and by our observation of many of them on the forum, MOST people do better and FEEL better.

Meanwhile, is your backup rate on auto, or is there a number there?
Look at 01:58:55 and observe that you don't take a breath, but the machine produces a weak PS of 4-cm above your EPAP of 6.0. Assuming this is correct, a Resmed would have responded with more pressure until the minute vent was met and not quit before any response occurred. This should have been a full use of your upper PS setting of 8 here.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
My insurance won't pay for anther device, so I am with Respironics for the next 5 years.
I never tried Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV, but I was on ResMed Station 9 for several months. Initial results were good, but then they deteriorated, and my service provider said that the only change you can do with ResMed is to raise the pressure. They said that Respironics gives more options, therefore after a brief trial I bought Respironics. But now it looks that they are not familiar with Respironics at all, therefore I started this journey with Apnea board.
My breath rate is 12 and TI is 1.2. Should I try auto regime?
Do you think that my charts are reliable enough to post them on the main forum? Because OSCAR couldn't read all my data, I have doubts - are my charts reflect reality?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your respiration rate based on OSCAR is 16 BPM median. Normally if we were setting a manual backup rate we would subtract 2 from that and set a 14 BPM rate as backup. Let's try Auto. Do you see a rise time in addition to Ti?

The S9 ASV is very similar to the Aircurve 10 ASV, however the features do vary depending on the model. A later S9 was considerably more advanced in its capability.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
I would not trust Oscar stats, they are updating the software. Most charts have seemed to be ok for the ASV, again I wouldn't trust the grid numbers. I would start with the default setting, it really should get you into the ballpark. You could go into settings and do a factory reset, if you are unsure of what you have changed.

The forum and this philips guide will run you through the basics of how to adjust your machine. As sleeprider said, you do need more max PS available. As well as the guide to have the max available. It is also recommended by a tech to have the max ps set to the max available. For your min-epap6.4. the max PS would be set 18.6
http://c398534.r34.cf1.rackcdn.com/DOCUM...Canada.pdf

Are you able to take the SD card to your DME or doctor, after you get it as good as you can here? just to get accurate results.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't see raise time, only TI. I can try auto regime (actually, it was the setting during my brief trial period). But how can it reduce my AHI?
Post Reply Post Reply
Going back to what Ajack suggested, we might want to return to the default settings for the Philips Auto SV  that are described in the Titration Guidelines pp 13-14 http://incenter.medical.philips.com/docl...%3D9792335   By starting at the beginning, and doing a step by step titration, we may be able to arrive at more optimized settings for your machine.  Philips recommends starting at EPAP 4.0 and PS min 0.0 or patient comfort, PS max 20.0 and maximum pressure 25 and BPM rate to AUTO.  

So based on the titration guideline, an Auto breath rate is recommended, and that is what I have observed to work best for most members as well.  I think EPAP min of 4.0 will be on the low side for you, because at 6.4, you still have some obstructive apnea events.  So, based on what I have seen, I suggest starting at the following settings:
EPAP min 7.0
EPAP max 20.0
PS min 2.0
PS max 20.0
Max pressure 25.0

We would want to observe what your on-screen sleep report (1-day average) reports and compare that to OSCAR.  These are modified default settings, and we will hopefully a significant reduction in events and improvement in comfort.  I am going to also post the Resmed recommended settings for titration FYI because iI think it is more complete.

Philips Auto SV Titration Guideline
[Image: attachment.php?aid=12708]

Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV Titration Guideline

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4210]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 864 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 158 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 443 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 603 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 659 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,083 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,294 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.