Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV?
RE: Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV?
I think the setting sleeprider suggested will work. The Ti is called rise time on yours and is numbered 1-6 and is 100ms to 600ms. It's how quickly ithe pressure rises from epap to ipap. You may find 3 is what you had on cpap, although it was preset and fixed. Like sleeprider, I would also suggest the auto rate.

You are self titration, do you have a cpap chart you can put up, hopefully it is one that oscar can read properly. It may give your tidal volume and resp rate accurately to confirm. Do you have lung issues? Are you aware that an echogram is medically advised before using an ASV, I would refer to your doctor for any heart issues.

@sleepride, the link I put up may have a later and more detailed titration guide for philips ASV
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
What do you mean when you say:"We would want to observe what your on-screen sleep report (1-day average) reports and compare that to OSCAR"? Reports that I can get from my provider? (I still don't have Encore software installed).
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2019, 10:07 AM)ajack Wrote: I think the setting sleeprider suggested will work. The Ti is called rise time on yours and is numbered 1-6 and is 100ms to 600ms. It's how quickly ithe pressure rises from epap to ipap. You may find 3 is what you had on cpap, although it was preset and fixed. Like sleeprider, I would also suggest the auto rate.

You are self titration, do you have a cpap chart you can put up, hopefully it is one that oscar can read properly. It may give your tidal volume and resp rate accurately to confirm. Do you have lung issues? Are you aware that an echogram is medically advised before using an ASV, I would refer to your doctor for any heart issues.

@sleepride, the link I put up may have a later and more detailed titration guide for philips ASV

What cpap chart do you mean?
I do have reports from my provider for some days (for example, Jul 16). Tidal volume for that day is 382.3 and OSCAR reading for that day is 381.23, so they are close. Resp rate on the report is 15.5 and OSCAR reading 15.45 - also close. But I have to ask my provider every time I need a report, this is why I wanted to get Encore.
I have no lung issues, and even though I didn't do echogram, I did ECG very recently. I have no known heart issues, but I can talk to my family doctor and ask for echogram.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your machine produces an onscreen summary of the use, AHI, pressures and much more information. This appears in the INFO menus, but is enabled in DEVICE settings. Be sure "show" AHI, PB, Mask Fit is enabled in settings. I'm not sure how much detail is available in your INFO screen, but it gives us some reliable information to compare to what is claimed by OSCAR.

I can probably install EncorePro 2 on my machine (I used to use it), and import your data if you want to go that route. I really dislike the program and am trying to avoid it. I might ask the person on the OSCAR development team to use your data to help develop the OSCAR capability for the PR SV Auto. You would need to be willing to share an image of your SD card for this development. I'll check to see if we need the data and will get back to you if you want to share it for the OSCAR project.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I recall, it's important to check your heart's ejection fraction before going on ASV. I don't think that can be measured from electrocardiograms.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2019, 11:00 AM)sawinglogz Wrote: As I recall, it's important to check your heart's ejection fraction before going on ASV. I don't think that can be measured from electrocardiograms.

I'm not sure why this is relevant in a thread by an existing ASV user.  In 2012, a study on ASV was stopped due to apparent higher risk of sudden death in patients with congestive heart failure and very low left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF).  The study SERVE HF had many problems in its design and was based on older machines without auto-adjusting EPAP and on patients that were not titrated and who often used the machines for less than 3-hours per night.  

Due to problems with the SERVE-HF study, and the fact these patients had severe untreated central apnea and CSR, a new study was commenced in 2016. The ADVENT-HF study of more than 600 patients with  obstructive and central apnea patients.   It was recently reported that early results do not suggest any increased risk, however full efficacy results won't be reported until the conclusion of the study in June 2020. The new study is using modern machines properly titrated for the use of participants that are using the machines for more hours.  While this does not remove the current practice of screening patients for LVEF<45%, it is encouraging that we may be able to put the discontinued SERVE HF study behind us as early as next year, and get back to treating patients with the most severe problems.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2019, 10:56 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Your machine produces an onscreen summary of the use, AHI, pressures and much more information.  This appears in the INFO menus, but is enabled in DEVICE settings.  Be sure "show" AHI, PB, Mask Fit is enabled in settings.  I'm not sure how much detail is available in your INFO screen, but it gives us some reliable information to compare to what is claimed by OSCAR.

I can probably install EncorePro 2 on my machine (I used to use it), and import your data if you want to go that route.  I really dislike the program and am trying to avoid it.  I might ask the person on the OSCAR development team to use your data to help develop the OSCAR capability for the PR SV Auto.  You would need to be willing to share an image of your SD card for this development.  I'll check to see if we need the data and will get back to you if you want to share it for the OSCAR project.

OK, now I understand. Here is what I have on my screen:
1, 7 and 30 days average AHI, Mask fit, PB, EPAP 90% Pressure, therapy hours. I also have 3 last night hours.
When the therapy is on, anther screen shows cmH2O, Leak, MinVent, vte, RR, but these are the numbers at the moment.
I will definitely not ask you to install software that you don't need. My husband will install it on the weekend, because it looks like this is the only way to establish a baseline for comparison to OSCAR.
With regards to the providing data for OSCAR development  - I will be glad to anything that is not illegal.
Post Reply Post Reply
I though I'd post an image of what the Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV does in response to periodic breathing, that would likely have been a series of CA events. Note how rapidly pressure support responds to reduced breath volume.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=13462]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
If your ECG was ok, the odds are your LVEF would be good too. It will be interesting to see how the sub-group fair in the upcoming results.

It's easier now that the tidal and resp rate data is right. Normal is 12-16 breaths per minute. Auto rate is ok for you to use. After everything settles down, you could then look at if there is any need for more min-PS.

Do you still have your cpap/apap? A chart from that SD card will help to see what was going on
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2019, 08:16 PM)ajack Wrote: If your ECG was ok, the odds are your LVEF would be good too. It will be interesting to see how the sub-group fair in the upcoming results.

It's easier now that the tidal and resp rate data is right. Normal is 12-16 breaths per minute. Auto rate is ok for you to use. After everything settles down, you could then look at if there is any need for more min-PS.  

Do you still have your cpap/apap? A chart from that SD card will help to see what was going on
I have never had cpap/apap chart. I started with cpap, the results weren't good, and I tried bipap. The results weren't good either. My doctor said this was because my CA, which initially wasn't a big issue, became worse with cpap/bipap use. And the she prescribed SV, but I even haven't seen what were my CA numbers.
 I will try auto, without changing other things - one thing at a time - and go from there.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 864 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 158 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Sad Oscar 1.5.1 Doesn't work on Somoma 14.3.1 biyahero 9 448 02-28-2024, 02:00 AM
Last Post: biyahero
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 605 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 659 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,084 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,294 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.