Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which tank holds more water?
Question 
Which tank holds more water?
Does anyone know which tank holds more water?
The Resmed air sense 10 auto for Her OR the PR remstar auto a-flex system one?

The tank on the Resmed looks smaller but when you look up the specs it says 380 mls.

While the PR Remstar, I can't tell if it's also 380 mls or 325 mls on the specs. Or maybe it's more?

I can't seem to find the answer.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which tank holds more water?
I think PR System One water chamber holds 325 ml, maybe someone uses the machine verify ...
AirSense 10 water chamber hold 380 ml, rarely goes below half way mark

Icon water chamber hold 420 ml, as far as water chamber goes, biggest of them all
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks [/color]

(07-17-2015, 12:37 AM)zonk Wrote: I think PR System One water chamber holds 325 ml, maybe someone uses the machine verify ...
AirSense 10 water chamber hold 380 ml, rarely goes below half way mark

Icon water chamber hold 420 ml, as far as water chamber goes, biggest of them all

Post Reply Post Reply
Dunno if it matters - they all work slightly differently and use water differently. If i fill up my Resmed tank and set the humidifier to the highest setting, it will use up around a bit less than half a tank in the night. When I used an s9, although the tank was visually smaller, same results. I assume with the A10 it is the same, too.
Post Reply Post Reply
it appears the A10 has a 380 ml tank which is a fair size. I am asking this question because I will be purchasing my own machine in a few weeks and I am currently trialling the PR remstar Auto a flex system one. But I am more interested in purchasing the Resmed A10 For Her. I was curious about tank size as I had conflicting information on the PR.

I know water use will go up in winter, and I don't want to be up in the night refilling water tank. Just was curious on others opinions and answers. I want to be well informed when I go to purchase.

Thanks

(07-17-2015, 08:23 AM)DocWils Wrote: Dunno if it matters - they all work slightly differently and use water differently. If i fill up my Resmed tank and set the humidifier to the highest setting, it will use up around a bit less than half a tank in the night. When I used an s9, although the tank was visually smaller, same results. I assume with the A10 it is the same, too.

Post Reply Post Reply
Kakkles,
You can fill you PR tank to the line with tap water, then pour it in a measuring cup to measure.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Measured it and it came to 325 Mls. So according to Resmed A10 it hold 380 Mls.

One more reason I'm aiming for Resmed.

(07-17-2015, 09:07 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Kakkles,
You can fill you PR tank to the line with tap water, then pour it in a measuring cup to measure.

Post Reply Post Reply
Off topic comment: Evidently FFM's use more water than nasals since I barely make the night (7 hrs) with a full tank, if set at max. humidity.
Post Reply Post Reply
that is interesting. I use nasal mask and use 3/4 of tank, humidity on 3.
I want to try nasal pillows and would be interesting if you would use less than that?

(07-17-2015, 09:41 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: Off topic comment: Evidently FFM's use more water than nasals since I barely make the night (7 hrs) with a full tank, if set at max. humidity.

Post Reply Post Reply
The humidifications systems sense relative humidity and the water usage varies depending on the relative humidity at any given time in your bedroom or sleeping environment. I am in Denver area, high and dry, I will often use an entire tank of water during an eight hour sleep. If I vacation at sea level with same settings I will use considerably less water per night.

I even see variations from night to night at home depending on if it's a dry night or a rainy night.

You can supplement your system by using a room humidifier so your bedroom is more humid and then you'll use less water from your humidifier tub on your cpap.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,812 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 356 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.