Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Which version of M$ Word?
Again, Office 2010 has licenses for 3 (often more, as they don't check as much) machines.
12-19-2014 06:09 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

(12-19-2014 06:09 PM)DocWils Wrote:  Again, Office 2010 has licenses for 3 (often more, as they don't check as much) machines.

Yeah, but on Amazon it is $225. And up.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-19-2014 07:57 PM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

(12-16-2014 01:29 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  When I got it, all her edits through track changes said *I* had made the changes, not her.

That tracking feature is likely the culprit with the compatibility issues. I agree with you that even after you get everyone using Word you'll still have these problems. I quit using the tracking feature at work for this very reason, and we have everyone using Word because we get it for free at work and get the educational discount at home.

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
12-20-2014 01:29 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
archangle Offline
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Swift FX
Humidifier: ResMed S9 H5i
CPAP Pressure: 16-20
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Happy PAPper

(12-19-2014 01:19 PM)Homerec130 Wrote:  Archangle,

The subscription model is good if you have to load it on more than one machine. For me (3 machines) it works out quite well. You can also have an authorized user and that will use one of your 5 licenses. So, if you are going to upgrade very three or four years with multiple machines, this is the way to go.

That's the terms for now. What will it be in the future? The price of the first few doses of heroin is pretty good as well.

Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
12-20-2014 06:15 AM
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

Archangle,

When the price does go out of reach, I will either switch to the Apple products (Pages, Numbers, Keynote) or LibreOffice. I have found out I can get a copy of Office through my church's license as I am considered on the "unpaid staff" but I only get one license and it is Windoze only.

The 3 user version that Doc mentioned is good if you have up to 3 PCs - there is no cross platform available and it doesn't give you full access to the tablet versions. You can still read their files, but can't do anything with them.

Either way, it comes down to whatever floats your boat and works best for you.

Homer
12-20-2014 12:17 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
DocWils Offline

Members-b

Machine: Philips Remstar series 60
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15

Other Comments:

Tablet version of M$Word will free as of January.
12-20-2014 12:43 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

A friend of mine got a free copy of Word a while back and is mailing it to me. I don't know what version. I'll know in a few days I guess. I asked on Facebook if anyone had a copy laying around and that I'd pay for it. One friend did but it was a Mac version. Then heard today that this one was available. So, yay! Only have to pay for shipping. Which will be minimal.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

12-20-2014 07:21 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
GeoffD Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: Integral + ClimateLine
CPAP Pressure: 14-17
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

I've never had the issue since I'm a corporate drone and my employer has always handed me a laptop with Micro$oft Office on it.

[a portion of this post containing web addresses of file-sharing sites was removed by the Admin]

-----
Moderator Action: References to illegal file sharing has been removed
Per Apnea Board Rules, facilitating pirated or illegal files are not allowed at all on Apnea Board. The reference to the file sharing websites along with the suggestion that one might get a pirated copy of commercial software from them is the problem here. Thanks for your understanding.
-----
12-21-2014 08:56 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Folks, let's keep in mind not only our forum rules, but remember that facilitating the distribution of pirated commercial software packages is illegal in the U.S.

I have nothing against file sharing sites or networks like bittorrent, but when they share pirated software, that's what gets us in trouble legally, (if Apnea Board is seen as advocating or facilitating the distribution of such illegal software here in the forums). I have a healthy negative opinion for Microsoft myself, but we have to abide by the law here and Apnea Board cannot be used as a public platform for advocating the illegal sharing of pirated software.

The Apnea Board rules state:
Quote:
No member may use their forum account to solicit or facilitate the sale, trade or transfer of any prescription-required items (such as CPAP machines, humidifiers, masks or mask parts). Soliciting or facilitating the sale, trade or transfer of commercially-sold or pirated computer software packages or digital media is also prohibited.

Since Paula has seemed to have a solution for her MS Word issues, I'm closing this thread for now.

Thanks.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

12-21-2014 09:13 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Ohmy Why are people starting sentences with the word "So..."? SuperSleeper 57 3,641 05-27-2016 07:10 PM
Last Post: me50
  new version of 'excitement' GrammaBear 10 925 08-05-2015 11:05 AM
Last Post: archangle
  PDF to Word Converter me50 8 1,059 07-14-2015 04:43 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  How to convert pdf to word? Alanw12 6 2,518 05-21-2012 09:32 PM
Last Post: mckevin32