Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

White Powder In Filter
White Powder In Filter
I have a Dreamstation. Recently I noticed air blowing was getting weaker. In tracing I discovered a lot of white powder on the filter. I replaced the filter and after about a week it did it again. This time I noticed the white powder was also in the chamber leading to the filter. I am not doing anything different than I have for years. I use distilled water. Frustrating. Is this problem familiar to anyone.  Mike Peterson
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: White Powder In Filter
If it is on the filter, then it is in your environment. Where is your CPAP located, floor, drawer, . . . attic?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for quick response. It is located on nightstand in bedroom. Been there ever since I was put on CPAP, some 15 years. I had a room purifier installed just over a year which is cleaned and filter replaced quite often.
Post Reply Post Reply
This time a year, it could be a pollen. Other possibilities are, talc used anywhere in your domicile and picked up by your HVAC, or baking soda to freshen the carpets, or even dust from spring-cleaning.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you started using an external room humidifier?

Many, (especially ultrasonic and impeller) produce a white dust by-product. The white dust the minerals with the water and is harmless, but you'll need to change your CPAP filters more often.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will have to look into that more. For sure, no talc or baking soda. Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you nailed it Dog Slobber !! We started using an ultrasonic humidifier a couple months ago. Changing filters more often is not a problem. As long as it is harmless I can live with that. The chamber below the filter bothers me a little as I can get my finger down there only so far to clean it. Thank you for your reply. Very helpful. Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're meaning the area around the filter, maybe try a Q-tip to wipe the white stuff off.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Dave. That should work. Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 845 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 122 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 192 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,881 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Equipment] White Noise Generator Sleepster 9 650 11-13-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,187 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  [Equipment] cleaning the filter on a nasal mask msherman1000 3 911 06-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: YipeekiOH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.