Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on?
RE: White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on?
(08-08-2018, 03:45 AM)holden4th Wrote:
(08-07-2018, 09:56 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Hmm. I'm not aware of a reset button.  But I'd be glad to hold a button for 30 seconds. Perhaps the blower button? My other buttons are ramp and the information screen toggle button.

I would hope that there is a way to reset a machine that doesn't require the screen. On other devices this is usually the on/off button.

I checked the Dreamstation Service Manual just to make sure. There's no reset button.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Good news! My DS is still under warranty!

My DME is sending me a new one, with directions on how to send mine back to them. Sounds easy... and good to not have to be without the machine. Great customer service!

And now I'm worried that I'll get a new DS with the newest software update, with me locked out.

I guess I'll find out when it arrives.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hydrangea, If it does have the new software you can reset. Check right away and reset if needed before using it. Otherwise you'll lose any data on the machine.

Forgot how to reset but if you need it speak up and we can dig up. I know it's somewhere here on the board.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The dreamstation factory reset will remove any password but delete any user data so check for a password be fore using the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oooooh. That's helpful. I'd forgotten that. Thank you! I'll check that out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi hydrangea,
good luck with your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Trish. I'll keep you guys posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Got the machine. I've crawled through all of the menus (including the clinician menus). I'm still working to navigate it, and to put in my settings.

I don't see anywhere in any of the menus about a password. (I had thought maybe in the clinician settings I'd see where to set up a password... not that I care to. But I don't see that either.) Weird.

My software version is V1.1.7

Oh, and imagine my dread when I pulled the machine out and saw a large sticker on the front saying "New Simplified Menus!" Ugh no, I don't want it simpler! I want control! I'm VERY much wondering what exactly they changed.

P.S. Before I send back my white/blank-screen machine, should I clear the memory card first?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are talking about the SD card, I wouldn't send it back.  .  .  Oops!, I forgot to send it. Whistle
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Dreamstation Auto CPAP machine has white screen without Philips logo and warranty expired. Anyone can help or advice how to fix it piror to send to replace circuit board. Do update new firmware can work for device ? If so, please kindly provide steps with many thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 186 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  [Equipment] White Noise Generator Sleepster 9 650 11-13-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 471 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,296 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,103 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  A10 Mod: Anyone Know How To Keep The Screen Bright When Lights Are Off? player 5 4,861 01-26-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Does AirMini app have a histogram screen? tfield98 5 1,063 11-15-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Brentjackson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.