Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on?
Sad 
White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on?
Oh no!  The screen on my DreamStation is all white, with nothing on it.  Is it broken? 

Everything else seems to be working fine. I discovered the white screen when I turned off the blower this morning when I woke up. I turned it off, and then looked at the screen to see how many hours I slept... and the screen was entirely white. 

I've pushed the round button; nothing. The round button should turn on the screen and display info.  Nope; just a blank but illuminated white screen. 

I pushed the main rectangular button on top, and the blower turned on as if nothing was out of the ordinary.  Yet the screen remained white.

Is it broken?  Of course I've had this machien for 18 months so it's just out of its rental period, and who knows how long the warranty is for... and my DME is 3,000 miles away.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on?
Did you try to unplug the power? Wait for 5-10sec then plug it back in and hopefully, you'll see the Respironics logo...
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2018, 01:04 PM)ycsi Wrote: Did you try to unplug the power? Wait for 5-10sec then plug it back in and hopefully, you'll see the Respironics logo...

That's what I'm hoping for.  It's unplugged right now.  We'll see what happens when I plug it in tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
I plugged it back in (to my surge protector, where it is always plugged in), and it has the white screen.

So I unplugged the cord from the machine, and waited about 10 minutes before plugging it back in. No luck. Still a white screen.

Now what?
Post Reply Post Reply
Time to take back for warranty work. If it's out of warranty than you'll probably have to find someone who work's on them. In a pinch you can use encore pro to set the settings thru your SD card.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
As Walla Walla said, it's time for warranty repair. Check with your DME if they would send you a replacement/loaner machine while they sort the warranty claim with Respironics.

In the meantime, I hope you can still use the machine for therapy, even without functioning display.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are happy with all of your settings then it's not too much of a problem.

Does the machine have a reset button? The screens are similar to what you'll get in a satnav. When my Navman did the same as your machine, the reset button solved the problem. It was the Power button and I held it down for about 30 secs and everything reset, including the screen. Not sure if it will work for the DS but worth a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm. I'm not aware of a reset button. But I'd be glad to hold a button for 30 seconds. Perhaps the blower button? My other buttons are ramp and the information screen toggle button.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think that power-cycling the machine is going to resolve the display problem. Do you have a warranty?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-07-2018, 09:56 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Hmm. I'm not aware of a reset button.  But I'd be glad to hold a button for 30 seconds. Perhaps the blower button? My other buttons are ramp and the information screen toggle button.

I would hope that there is a way to reset a machine that doesn't require the screen. On other devices this is usually the on/off button.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 271 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  [Equipment] White Noise Generator Sleepster 9 689 11-13-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 504 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Airsense 11 how do you turn off this bloody touch screen tierdal 12 3,457 07-22-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: silverdr
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,202 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  A10 Mod: Anyone Know How To Keep The Screen Bright When Lights Are Off? player 5 4,922 01-26-2023, 04:39 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Does AirMini app have a histogram screen? tfield98 5 1,102 11-15-2022, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Brentjackson

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.