Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP?
Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP?
I know there are plenty of older threads on uninteruptable power supplies (UPS) but hoping to get some current ideas of recent happy purchases from you all. 

I want a pure sine,  just a basic unit that will wake me if power goes out and will also have enough battery power for the Cpap to run it for just a few minutes, to get the machine safely turned off. Then I would hook up my 12 volt battery to the Cpap, a battery that we keep charged up for camping. 

So what is a current brand that you are happy with and trust?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Who has recently purchased an Uninteruptable Power Supply for their CPAP?
I have and have used many UPS systems in my clients' systems. I've found that the CyberPower brand has a longer time between battery replacement, as opposed to APC. In the long run, battery replacement costs (battery and shipping) can make the initial purchase insignificant.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1 for CyberPower.  Plus they have a decent selection of pure sine wave models, just depends on what other features you might be interested in.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both! On the Cyberpower site, I cannot see anything that is listed as pure sine. 
I see “simulated sine” or “sine wave” but not “pure sine”. Am I looking in the wrong spot?
Post Reply Post Reply
"Sine Wave" is the pure sine wave model.

From CyberPower website:
[Image: 6265_cpu_web_blog_3_upsbuyingguide_image4.jpg]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
We're in rural, and suffer a good handful of various power issues each year. Sometimes just a blink or two, sometimes a couple of minutes, or hours.. or maybe every few years.. a coupla days.
For the blinks and minute or two ones.. I wish my UPS didnt start alarming immediately. We should be able to set something like "Alarm when 3 minutes left on battery power" or such.
Those 3am alarms that turn out to need no intervention are annoying.
(first world problems eh ? lol)
Post Reply Post Reply
my CyberPower BU650E manual says:

"Alarm setting: the audible alarm can be turned OFF of ON by quickly pressing the POWER button twice. The default is for the Alarm On." (their English).

I test it by switching the power off. It works!

More expensive PC UPS we have at work have a Mute Alarm button in the front....maybe next time!
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have a pure sine wave UPS, but I have had good luck with my the CyberPower UPS both on my computer and TV.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have some rather large old APC's that don't have a "Silence" option. If we lose power during the night, it sounds like a bird sanctuary. I have to turn them off under threat of bodily harm from the wife. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 240 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 119 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Oscar Advice for recently diagnoses UARS SleepTea 1 318 01-26-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,416 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.