Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why Autoset for Her
RE: Why Autoset for Her
Actually the ASV with some software embellishments could operate the same as any of the other models. How would that be for inventory simplification for everyone. Won't ever happen because that would mean that everyone would have a first class machine that was capable of anything they needed it to do and manufacturers would not be selling as many machines.

The manufacturers would be unhappy. The DMEs would be unhappy. The only ones that would be happy would be the patients. We could not have that. Huhsign Big Grin Big Grin

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if for manufacturing efficiencies, the pumps and power supplies for the AirSense series are actually the same as those for the AirCurves, just rated and/or software limited lower?

Certainly, the manufacturers need at least three levels so they can charge twice as much for a bilevel as a CPAP, and twice as much for an ASV as a bilevel.

If they put all the capabilities in one machine you'd have folks trying to root/jailbreak CPAP machines to get ASV capabilities. LOL.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2015, 07:44 PM)iSnore Wrote: I wonder if for manufacturing efficiencies, the pumps and power supplies for the AirSense series are actually the same as those for the AirCurves, just rated and/or software limited lower?

Certainly, the manufacturers need at least three levels so they can charge twice as much for a bilevel as a CPAP, and twice as much for an ASV as a bilevel.

If they put all the capabilities in one machine you'd have folks trying to root/jailbreak CPAP machines to get ASV capabilities. LOL.

I can understand the bilevel being a bit more expensive, but the difference in price between the straight cpap and AutoSets is not such that the manufacturer might make just as much money. I see more used straight cpaps being sold by private individuals which lead me to believe that they either upgraded or gave up after not being able to adjust to straight pressure.

That is why I am grateful to this forum and to pubmed because I was able to do a lot of reading and learn from others' experiences!

Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is covered by insurance - I had no choice. Maybe the insurance co has a say in the manufacturing. I'm really new to this cpap stuff so I'm just guessing
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath away.
"
Hillary Cooper
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2015, 12:11 PM)Exhale Wrote: Mine is covered by insurance - I had no choice. Maybe the insurance co has a say in the manufacturing. I'm really new to this cpap stuff so I'm just guessing

Mine was also. I think we got good machines! I feel so much better that I am not complaining! although I think the machine part is the easiest part, finding the ideal mask is the hard part!

Welcome to the forum. I have learned a lot just reading other people's posts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  autoset vs autoset for her on airsense 11? Uzupan 7 1,388 02-06-2023, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  S10 Autoset or S11 Autoset? The Latinist 3 1,865 02-01-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: tomtiki
  AirSense11 AutoSet dougsooley 4 756 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM
Last Post: dougsooley
  [Equipment] From iBreeze to Autoset 10 kirby4564 12 1,239 10-15-2022, 11:34 AM
Last Post: kirby4564
  Airsense Autoset 11 eroemer 3 709 10-02-2022, 10:36 AM
Last Post: eroemer
  Autoset 10 repair? Nightynite 8 1,132 06-22-2022, 10:17 AM
Last Post: cpapuserzzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.