Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why I feel I need to Sleep
Why I feel I need to Sleep
Hi Everyone ,

Although I am using the CPAP machine since 3 weeks now and my AHI and the leak below the normal , I feel I need to sleep after I wake up in the morning .
- why that ?
- is this normal or not ?
- should I do anything for that ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why I feel I need to Sleep
(06-18-2015, 11:44 AM)mkamalmohamed Wrote: Hi Everyone ,

Although I am using the CPAP machine since 3 weeks now and my AHI and the leak below the normal , I feel I need to sleep after I wake up in the morning .
- why that ?
- is this normal or not ?
- should I do anything for that ?

Need more information please

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
MY pressure is 13
AHI . 2.4
Leak 3.5
Sleeping Duration average in the last 15 days : 6 Hours per night
Full face mask
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't forget....if you're relatively new to CPAP therapy, you're body is trying to make up for a lot of sleep deficit. You're finally getting real sleep without all the apneas...your body like it and wants "moar!!"

It is a common feeling when starting out that I have heard about from numerous people...it should subside as your body gets used to getting real sleep again Smile
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
are you able to sleep more than 6 hours? I needed a lot of extra sleep for the first few months after starting... and 8 months later my sleep patterns are still changing and my sleep is still not settled, but much better than it was before cpap!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here. I used to get a few hours here and there but after starting cpap I was doing 9+ hours. I'm back to "here and there" but because of leaks.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-18-2015, 04:28 PM)PsychoMike Wrote: Don't forget....if you're relatively new to CPAP therapy, you're body is trying to make up for a lot of sleep deficit. You're finally getting real sleep without all the apneas...your body like it and wants "moar!!"

It is a common feeling when starting out that I have heard about from numerous people...it should subside as your body gets used to getting real sleep again Smile

Mike has it.

Putting Mike's logic a slightly different way, I am told that there is a lot of restorative qualities from sleep that you just can't get enough of when you have OSA. But when you have xPAP, the opportunity then presents itself in a big way. So maybe your body is using that opportunity to do a lot of backed-up restoration work that it could not do before.

This is the pattern I have found, too. After 9 months now, I am finally not craving sleep like I had been since xPAP.

I found that just a little surprising. What I was not expecting at all was that the noturia went away completely. I was wondering why I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning, was a little concerned about that. Then I realized that this may be normal. Before xPAP, I had a compelling reason to get out of bed, that I don't have anymore.

That change happened immediately on day one. I had been getting up once, sometimes twice a night every night for 5 years. With the mask, never once ever again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 172 8 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 84 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,011 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 895 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.