Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why I hate MyAir more than the heat of 1000 suns!
RE: Why I hate MyAir more than the heat of 1000 suns!
But, but, but, but you did a great job of doing the most important thing, MEETING COMPLIANCE.
(Sarcastic switch off)
I never think of compliance. When one gets tweaked to something approaching optimum compliance will be there. And COMFORT is part of being there.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2021, 06:34 PM)pholynyk Wrote: If you thought the happy faces were stupid, you haven't gotten any of the virtual Gold Stars yet...

au contraire!
[attachment=32492]

The happy faces always start me humming "dooooo duht duht doo-doo doo-da-doo-da-doo-da-doo. don't worry. be happy!"
https://youtu.be/d-diB65scQU

The gold star emails make me hear my dad's voice "pin a rose on your nose!"

Or sometimes I hear a long-ago coworker "Well aren't we a fancy garbage can!"

(I suppose I should follow the don't worry be happy advice, as opposed to the muttered obscenities I usually manage.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Eh... muttered obscenities (or even better, yelled ones) actively increase pain tolerance so I'm gonna swear like the foul-mouthed person I am. ? Big Grin

I hate MyAir with a passion. I hate that I can routinely get 95% despite an AHI of 30, 40, 50 something. But hey, I met my compliance rules, and that's all that matters, right?
Post Reply Post Reply
MyAir is totally focused on "put the mask on and don't take it off for the next 7 hours"

It doesn't matter if you weren't asleep, leaking like crazy, AHI over 5 -- that still gives you happy faces. But have it on for 6:50, or two minor interruptions, and ***bzzzzzzzzttttttt*** therapy failure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I join the chorus and and say I too do NOT like the mobile or web based myAir. Stupid happy faces tell me nothing. Plus I have to wait at least an hour before 'last nights' stats show up on the mobile app or the web based app. I like to look at last nights stats when I wake up, not wait and wait for the sync to happen. And the web based myAir has even less stats then the mobile app but at least you can 'go back' in time with the web app unlike the mobile app.

And I'll never make 100% per their lame scoring ... I need to get up at least 3 times per night to go to the bathroom.

I can't run ResScan. Does it depend on reading the data from the SD card?

Thank goodness for OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to chime in and also say how thankful I am for finding this forum and OSCAR. While I am no where near a "pro" at reading my OSCAR data, those stupid smiley faces from MY Air after a crappy nights sleep make me want to punch them
Post Reply Post Reply
As others have said, MyAir is a feel good app, designed to help you stay on track. I look at my numbers and depending on what I see decide if I need to transfer data into OSCAR and take a good look. Usually I get "good" numbers and get dinged for mask removal or time less than 7 hours (have a couple of nights a week where I don't get 7 hours of sleep due to early getups. I don't even look at the unit display when I get up. My wife does as she is struggling to make 4 hours some nights as she has chronic pain issues.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Couldn’t agree more! I can’t stand the MyAir app and those stupid virtual gold stars in my email. I like grabbing quick stats off the Sleep Report on the screen and every week I import everything into OSCAR.

What astounds me is the number of people out there who think reaching 100% each day is the end all of their world. I can only SMH since it provides a false sense of success and security. To me that could also be dangerous.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really disagree about MyAir being a feel-good app. I think that it's a gaslighting app, which is designed to hide any failures of our ResMed machines to treat our sleep problems. The perfect sleep medicine patient is one who doesn't need any attention, shuts up and does what they are told, and is a steady and lucrative income stream for DMEs, sleep clinics, equipment manufacturers, and insurance companies, all of whom do very little for that money.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-25-2021, 04:42 PM)Knightfire Wrote: Agreed!

The worst part is my doctors only look at the data from ResMed...
AHI, usage, and leak

I would bring my laptop loaded with all OSCAR and data to my doctor. I would then tell him to download OSCAR and make arrangements for me to send him the data for review. There is NOTHING worse than a doctor who does not take his position seriously.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] So far I hate CPAP mindyb01 5 400 01-24-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: rogerded1
  Soft Cervical Collar and Heat Retention Columbiabill 3 373 01-21-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Gross [Equipment] HELP! Heat & Humidity settings are Choking Me! James87 3 372 12-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: James87
  eson2 mask and heat tubing kerm007 2 404 10-07-2023, 02:56 PM
Last Post: kerm007
Question Resmed Myair wrong region bobdobbs 3 577 10-05-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  My best streak so far on MyAir App scores DaveInDenver 1 440 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  AirSense 11 and MyAir App - Poor Experience necochino 29 4,454 08-24-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: krsattler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.