Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Why I love my data-capable CPAP
The short version is: several years ago, I had a dramatic increase in my hypertension. After much tests and scariness, it was narrowed down to my sleep apnea. The doc increased the pressure and the blood pressure went down. At that point I had a huge brick called the ResMed S7 Lightweight.

Fast forward to the past two weeks.

I have been experiencing some scary heart stuff again. We are still working out the kinks but the good thing is, from the beginning, we knew what it was NOT. Because I have a data-capable CPAP, that was marked off the list right away. Had I not had one, we would have automatically raised the pressure and waited. Or it could have been much worse sooner because I would not know how I was doing sleep apnea wise. Instead, I've been empowered by this board and have the confidence I needed to take care of myself. I don't want to be in the ICU because my sleep apnea wasn't being treated optimally.

The doc asked how it was doing, I said fine, gave her the latest AHI numbers and was even able to tell her my normal sleeping and awake blood O2.

And actually it was the oximeter software that cued us as to what could be going on. I was feeling like crap so I put on the oximeter (CMS 50D+) and hooked it to the computer. I used the software to view my heartbeat "live". That's when I saw the missed beats. We decided to not have the stress test but to use a Holter monitor.

Normal sinus rhythm but huge amounts of PVCs. Still feel like crap but knowing my heart is relatively healthy removes a lot of worry! I may still have more tests to come but at least now I can literally sleep better at night.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
09-26-2013 07:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Why I love my data-capable CPAP
(09-26-2013 07:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  The short version is: several years ago, I had a dramatic increase in my hypertension. After much tests and scariness, it was narrowed down to my sleep apnea. The doc increased the pressure and the blood pressure went down. At that point I had a huge brick called the ResMed S7 Lightweight.

Fast forward to the past two weeks.

I have been experiencing some scary heart stuff again. We are still working out the kinks but the good thing is, from the beginning, we knew what it was NOT. Because I have a data-capable CPAP, that was marked off the list right away. Had I not had one, we would have automatically raised the pressure and waited. Or it could have been much worse sooner because I would not know how I was doing sleep apnea wise. Instead, I've been empowered by this board and have the confidence I needed to take care of myself. I don't want to be in the ICU because my sleep apnea wasn't being treated optimally.

The doc asked how it was doing, I said fine, gave her the latest AHI numbers and was even able to tell her my normal sleeping and awake blood O2.

And actually it was the oximeter software that cued us as to what could be going on. I was feeling like crap so I put on the oximeter (CMS 50D+) and hooked it to the computer. I used the software to view my heartbeat "live". That's when I saw the missed beats. We decided to not have the stress test but to use a Holter monitor.

Normal sinus rhythm but huge amounts of PVCs. Still feel like crap but knowing my heart is relatively healthy removes a lot of worry! I may still have more tests to come but at least now I can literally sleep better at night.

Knowing your heart is okay is worth a million! Glad that you found this out and that soon you will have the answer to what is causing your other issue.

I have lost 2 siblings to a heart attack so I can understand that you were probably somewhat concerned.
09-26-2013 09:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Airfit P10 love but need something else Chrstauffe 80 8,864 11-07-2016 05:55 PM
Last Post: Gabby
Question A10 autoset in CPAP mode- all data recorded? PreciousRoy 3 247 10-31-2016 04:25 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP data versus Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset data David P. 4 524 10-29-2016 08:42 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  1 Month into CPAP - Still Exhausted. What Data to Post? IMSleeplessInSeattle 21 1,202 10-01-2016 12:40 PM
Last Post: TomfromTexas
  How to set correct cpap setting using apap data Lanco 12 769 09-15-2016 11:12 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  Sleepyhead data vs. Doctor's data Daisylouu 8 1,392 09-01-2016 06:10 PM
Last Post: eseedhouse
Question My SH CPAP Data/Results. Any Advise/tips? egzbuen 4 418 07-30-2016 08:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider