Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why I love my data-capable CPAP
Why I love my data-capable CPAP
The short version is: several years ago, I had a dramatic increase in my hypertension. After much tests and scariness, it was narrowed down to my sleep apnea. The doc increased the pressure and the blood pressure went down. At that point I had a huge brick called the ResMed S7 Lightweight.

Fast forward to the past two weeks.

I have been experiencing some scary heart stuff again. We are still working out the kinks but the good thing is, from the beginning, we knew what it was NOT. Because I have a data-capable CPAP, that was marked off the list right away. Had I not had one, we would have automatically raised the pressure and waited. Or it could have been much worse sooner because I would not know how I was doing sleep apnea wise. Instead, I've been empowered by this board and have the confidence I needed to take care of myself. I don't want to be in the ICU because my sleep apnea wasn't being treated optimally.

The doc asked how it was doing, I said fine, gave her the latest AHI numbers and was even able to tell her my normal sleeping and awake blood O2.

And actually it was the oximeter software that cued us as to what could be going on. I was feeling like crap so I put on the oximeter (CMS 50D+) and hooked it to the computer. I used the software to view my heartbeat "live". That's when I saw the missed beats. We decided to not have the stress test but to use a Holter monitor.

Normal sinus rhythm but huge amounts of PVCs. Still feel like crap but knowing my heart is relatively healthy removes a lot of worry! I may still have more tests to come but at least now I can literally sleep better at night.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why I love my data-capable CPAP
(09-26-2013, 07:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The short version is: several years ago, I had a dramatic increase in my hypertension. After much tests and scariness, it was narrowed down to my sleep apnea. The doc increased the pressure and the blood pressure went down. At that point I had a huge brick called the ResMed S7 Lightweight.

Fast forward to the past two weeks.

I have been experiencing some scary heart stuff again. We are still working out the kinks but the good thing is, from the beginning, we knew what it was NOT. Because I have a data-capable CPAP, that was marked off the list right away. Had I not had one, we would have automatically raised the pressure and waited. Or it could have been much worse sooner because I would not know how I was doing sleep apnea wise. Instead, I've been empowered by this board and have the confidence I needed to take care of myself. I don't want to be in the ICU because my sleep apnea wasn't being treated optimally.

The doc asked how it was doing, I said fine, gave her the latest AHI numbers and was even able to tell her my normal sleeping and awake blood O2.

And actually it was the oximeter software that cued us as to what could be going on. I was feeling like crap so I put on the oximeter (CMS 50D+) and hooked it to the computer. I used the software to view my heartbeat "live". That's when I saw the missed beats. We decided to not have the stress test but to use a Holter monitor.

Normal sinus rhythm but huge amounts of PVCs. Still feel like crap but knowing my heart is relatively healthy removes a lot of worry! I may still have more tests to come but at least now I can literally sleep better at night.

Knowing your heart is okay is worth a million! Glad that you found this out and that soon you will have the answer to what is causing your other issue.

I have lost 2 siblings to a heart attack so I can understand that you were probably somewhat concerned.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  [CPAP] New to cpap! Just wondering if my data looks ok so far wwjkcd 1 166 03-08-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Need help with low pulse ox data/CPAP data Dan E 5 403 02-05-2024, 03:41 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  New CPAP user - OSCAR Data Bourgi 7 674 02-04-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Bourgi
  [Pressure] Fairly new to CPAP, need help interpreting OSCAR data Maverick3u3 5 300 02-04-2024, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Maverick3u3
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.