Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mandibular advanced Splint Does it Lock Out the Top Jaw?
Mandibular advanced Splint Does it Lock Out the Top Jaw?
I am still not giving up on getting a treatment for this dreaded problem but I want to know if anyone has had success with the mandibular advanced splint? Does it lock out the top jaw as well as the bottom Jaw? It's urgent that I find a solution as I have lost 3 jobs because of this condition.
I hate silicone. It either bites into my skin or makes me suffocate. Not only that I have a weird way of breathing. I breathe from my mouth and nose.
Much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mandibular advanced Splint Does it Lock Out the Top Jaw?
Mouth appliances have extremely mixed reviews, mostly negative in that they can cause or worsen TMJ conditions.
The bottom line, particularly since your condition is to the point that you have actually lost jobs, is that they do little to nothing to improve moderate to severe apnea conditions.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am not sure if you have the same masks available in Australia, but I believe there is a cloth type mask available in the US. The SleepWeaver Anew comes to mind.
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Try the Airtouch F20.

Or you could use Pad-a-cheek mask liners with most any mask.

Besides, key question....what are the problems you're having with xPAP therapy? If you're not using it, why not?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2018, 08:33 AM)CB91710 Wrote: Mouth appliances have extremely mixed reviews, mostly negative in that they can cause or worsen TMJ conditions.
The bottom line, particularly since your condition is to the point that you have actually lost jobs, is that they do little to nothing to improve moderate to severe apnea conditions.
I don't have severe sleep apnea but mild. Even though it's mild, I feel awful. 
(01-11-2018, 01:28 PM)Cpapian Wrote: I am not sure if you have the same masks available in Australia, but I believe there is a cloth type mask available in the US.  The SleepWeaver Anew comes to mind.
I have tried close to 10-15 different masks, I just hate silicone. I have also tried the Air touch f20. Unfortunately, it's very comfortable but I keep taking it off. Perhaps, if I try the mouth guard with the cpap device, it might help. Music is about the only thing that gets me getting up and fighting another day.
(01-11-2018, 02:09 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: Try the Airtouch F20.

Or you could use Pad-a-cheek mask liners with most any mask.

Besides, key question....what are the problems you're having with xPAP therapy? If you're not using it, why not?

I have tried CPAP/APAP and VPAP. Still the same result of taking it off. Unfortunately, these doctors here don't want to repeat tests for in lab sleep study with the mask on even though it would be beneficial. One moron even said to take ambien which I refuse to take or refuse to take any medication knowing its side effects.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 271 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  [Treatment] Where can I get this type of Boil-and-bite Mandibular Advancement Splint / MAD? selfhelpdevice 1 309 11-13-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 356 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog
  Philips Bipap auto sv advanced series one keithy62 5 597 03-23-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Pulmonologist --Not use CPAP, Use mandibular. How to later cross check? HenryECole81 0 350 03-03-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: HenryECole81
  [Equipment] Dream Station 2 Advanced Randallje 8 873 10-23-2022, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Randallje
  Battery Backup Humidifier use Dream Station 2 cpap advanced Meangreen13 4 798 07-08-2022, 05:25 PM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.