Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why Would S9 Show No Usage for One Night?
Why Would S9 Show No Usage for One Night?
Last night, after a seemingly normal nights sleep, my S9 claims it never happened. Both ResScan and Sleepyhead show nothing to upload and the Info screen on the S9 shows the following:
Period Last Night
Usage 0.0hrs
Mask Fit Smile
AHI: --

When I browse the Datalog on the SD card using my computer, I see nothing recorded after the morning prior to yesterday...nothing for last night. The SD card was in the slot with the lock switch set to unlocked. Has anyone else had this experience?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why Would S9 Show No Usage for One Night?
Internal clock is off???
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2014, 06:56 AM)justMongo Wrote: Internal clock is off???
Nope...the clock is right.

Post Reply Post Reply
Card was not fully seated in the slot?
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, my S9 VPAP Auto got into a state where it reported zero AHI and had no high rate data; but it did show usage.
I had to unplug the power supply for more than just a few seconds to get it back. I suspect there are capacitors that can hold the machine state for a few minutes.

Perhaps this is a case of "reboot."

Also, I've noticed than if I am a bit fumble fingered in pushing the SD card back in the slot; like it makes contact but does not latch; it corrupts the card. Probably not relative in this case -- just something I've noticed.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
You have already discounted the most likely: Clock Troubles.

You say your clock is "right" -- CHANGING the clock caused such issues for me so if you know your clock is right because you set it that would be the most likely cause.

Typically, if the card were not in the machine SleepyHead (but NOT Rescan) will report no usage so the idea of you forgot the card OR it wasn't seated properly would be the most likely, however the machine should still report the summary during the SAME 'day' (usually noon to noon by it's own internal clock.)

Sleepyhead seems to ignore 'summary data' and only use 'detail'. Rescan can work with both, using summary data for days the card wasn't in the machine, and using detail day IF available.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2014, 08:47 AM)PollCat Wrote: Card was not fully seated in the slot?
That would cause no data to show up in SH. But it would NOT affect the data on the machine's LCD provided you looked at the LCD data before noon on the S9's internal clock.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unusual to have both machine (standard/advanced info menu) and software shows no data, not even hours
Try 'justMongo' idea ... unplug ... wait ... plug and see whats happen
Please report back, we need to get to the bottom of this mystery

Post Reply Post Reply
ResScan would show something, if it were a "card left out" issue.

I think someone else had something like this before....The data all appeared the next day.

Yeah, definitely let us know what you did and if anything shows up.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well...it was a "one-night" problem.

Sleepyhead shows a normal night for 5/15 (last night) but imports nothing for 5/14.

The S9 LCD Sleep Report:
Period One Week
Days Used 6/7

If I understand correctly, that means the S9 summary data is missing one day from last week.

Like PollCat, I suspected that the card was not properly seated but as robysue said "That would cause no data to show up in SH. But it would NOT affect the data on the machine's LCD provided you looked at the LCD data before noon on the S9's internal clock." Also, I habitually observe the S9 message "reading SD card" to confirm that I have unlocked the card and inserted it fully. So I'm fairly sure the card was seated.

Hmmm...I'll wait for an opinion from our alien watchers.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 906 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 628 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  [Diagnosis] Do my sleep lab results show that I have uars? michelbeaini 1 235 02-13-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 394 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  Extreme Anxiety during day after CPAP usage...something physiological? gohoos1998 9 719 12-29-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Leedsunited92
  [CPAP] Need some help if possible - sudden change in response from 4hrs to 1.5hrs usage OverflowingJoyEntity 6 489 11-28-2023, 12:13 PM
Last Post: OverflowingJoyEntity
  Incorrect usage report Resmed Airsense 11 hydra 0 703 07-06-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: hydra

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.