Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S8 AutoSet II system error 1019
ResMed S8 AutoSet II system error 1019
Hi,
I am new to this forum. I have been using an AutoSet II for almost three years now. I am away from home on travel and I,m getting a system error message 1019. I saw on another forum that this was caused by a flow sensor stuck at a low value.
I had a little to much water in the humidifier when I went to bed and woke up with this error message. I have taken the unit apart and there was a little moisture in the foam at the bottom but overall it looks good. Any help on repairing this unit would be helpful.

Thanks,
Jack
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S8 AutoSet II system error 1019
Hi Jack - welcome to Apnea Board!

Well, at 3 years of age, the machine is no longer under warranty, so that's not an option... you could of course, pay to have it repaired.

Alternatively, try detaching the humidifier from the CPAP machine and see if the CPAP will operate separately or still gives you the error message. Could be an issue with the humidifier, not the CPAP.

If that doesn't work, since there's no risk in taking the machine apart, I would try to at least take the plastic housing apart and let it dry out completely over several days. Not sure if that will help but it might work.

Or, you could use this opportunity to purchase a new ResMed S9 AutoSet, which is a fantastic little machine.

Anyone else have thoughts on this? Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
This is on the old forum by another member:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello.
I am new with my diagnosis and new with my CPAP machine.
I have had the machine for 2 almost weeks. Last night I heard some bubbling water noises when I inhaled. I thought maybe that was normal because I just added water to the humidifier. I was careful not to overfill. The noise eventually dissipated after a 10 minutes or so. About an hour later I was wakened by the machine pressure fluctuating erratically. It was displaying an error code.1019
In the middle of the night I was up trying to get my machine to clear. I noticed that my hose had a little water in it. I unplugged it from the humidifier and got a little water out.

I have a ResMed S8 Escape II

I would call my machine provider, but it's Easter Weekend. Nobody is answering the phones for another 3 days!

I have tried unplugging the machine and tried stepping through the Clinical menu as well. I didn't want to hit the restore to factory settings..Didn't think that would clear the message.

Does anyone know what Error code 1019 is?
Is there a way to clear the error and get back to sleeping again?

PS the machine will not work when the error code is on.
I didn't get my rest last night and I'm in for another night again without my machine.
Help please?
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would try phoning Resmed to find out what component has failed then you could see if you can replace the component or get an expert to fix, this will tell you if its cost worthy or not. Or you could try and find a second hand unit to replace yours. Sorry I couldnt be of more help.

DC
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2012, 09:25 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Hi Jack - welcome to Apnea Board!

Well, at 3 years of age, the machine is no longer under warranty, so that's not an option... you could of course, pay to have it repaired.

Alternatively, try detaching the humidifier from the CPAP machine and see if the CPAP will operate separately or still gives you the error message. Could be an issue with the humidifier, not the CPAP.

If that doesn't work, since there's no risk in taking the machine apart, I would try to at least take the plastic housing apart and let it dry out completely over several days. Not sure if that will help but it might work.

Or, you could use this opportunity to purchase a new ResMed S9 AutoSet, which is a fantastic little machine.

Anyone else have thoughts on this? Thinking-about

Thanks for the input. I over filled the machine and got the bubbling noise for a few minutes. Then woke up a few hours later with very high pressure.
I have taken the unit completely apart a couple of times. There was a little moisture in the foam in the very bottom of the unit but other than that it looks very good. I have let it sit apart all day, but that did not help. When I plugged it back in it appeared to work for about five minutes then back to the error code and stopped.
I am on travel working right now and won't be home for another three weeks. Can you buy one anywhere with out having to get Dr/insurance involved. I have talked to the company I am currently getting supplies from. They are not moving very fast.
Any thoughts.

Jack
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2012, 10:08 PM)Jack Mason Wrote: I am on travel working right now and won't be home for another three weeks. Can you buy one anywhere with out having to get Dr/insurance involved. I have talked to the company I am currently getting supplies from. They are not moving very fast.Any thoughts.

I am new to this adventure. I recently went through an annoying period trying to get the DME that my sleep doctor set me up with to fax my prescription to a different DME. Eventually I went to my sleep doc, who was more than happy to give me a printout of the prescription and all the data from my sleep study. I scanned it and now I can buy anything I want from anyone. I can't stress strongly enough my recommendation to get a copy of the prescription. It saves a lot of headaches in these days of over-regulation.

If you are in North America you will need a prescription for a mask or a machine. You can buy parts for masks or machines without the prescription, but it sounds like you're going to need a new machine.

I can't address the insurance issue, because every insurance company is different.

Good luck, and I hope you get a replacement machine soon. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Having literally drowned a CPAP machine (pass over humidifier was higher than the CPAP and tipped over), the DME told me to let it dry out with or without a hair-dryer and it should work. It took the machine a little over 24 hours to completely dry out; but it did resume working once it was dry. All you can do is try.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had my machine apart several times in the last few days. Plus I'm working in New Mexico so I left it in the car with the windows up one afternoon. It tried to work for about 5 minutes once. I was able to get my Dr's email and tomorrow morning he is going to send me a copy of my sleep study and my perscription.
I have called a couple of provides in the local area and am going to try to get a machine tomorrow afternoon after work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2012, 10:15 AM)Jack Mason Wrote: I have had my machine apart several times in the last few days. Plus I'm working in New Mexico so I left it in the car with the windows up one afternoon. It tried to work for about 5 minutes once. I was able to get my Dr's email and tomorrow morning he is going to send me a copy of my sleep study and my perscription.
I have called a couple of provides in the local area and am going to try to get a machine tomorrow afternoon after work.

You might want to check prices from the online suppliers listed in the suppliers list at the top of the page. If you're not getting the machine paid for by insurance, it may be a LOT cheaper, even when paying for one day shipping. Supplier 1 and a number of others will even contact the doctor for you.

Wrap the old machine in a pillowcase, then stuff that in a plastic garbage bag with some dry uncooked rice. That sometimes will dry out electronics enough to make it work.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 459 33 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,619 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,226 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 474 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 380 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.