Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why did I rip my mask off and sleep without my CPAP after this event?
Why did I rip my mask off and sleep without my CPAP after this event?
See attachment
I have no idea what this means, but where it says "Unclassified Apnea" there was apparently also a "large leak"

I took the mask off after this and slept without it- no idea why it happened.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: This is what made me risk my CPAP mask off last night (Newbie)
Huge leak and machine marked an unknown event then shut down. Looks like an arousal and possible movement associated with mask coming off.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why did I rip my mask off and sleep without my cpap after this clear airway event?
    After the clear airway event (which doesnt look like one), I ripped my mask off and fell asleep without it. Can anyone explain why? my leak rate is fine at this point too
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: This is what made me rip my CPAP mask off last night (Newbie)
I merged your two threads of the same topic asking us why you ripped your mask off. It's starting to look like something only you can control.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why did I rip my mask off and sleep without my CPAP after this event?
You removed the mask while awake or while asleep? Asleep, I'll assume, but let us know if that's not it.

Taking off the mask while asleep, or at any rate not really awake, is pretty common. You can train yourself not to do it if it's a regular thing for you. How often has it happened? If just the once, then I'd say don't worry about it. But if it's more often, let us know so we can make some suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Diagnosis] First post-CPAP visit to Sleep Doc - What to talk about? FlyAU98 6 187 03-23-2024, 09:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Needing help fixing my sleep with cpap nunogarcia 2 161 03-22-2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 165 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 180 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 484 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 399 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.