Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why did Resmed discontinue [the Activa Mask]
Why did Resmed discontinue [the Activa Mask]
Hi all,

New here and desperate.  I have used a CPAP machine for years now.  Very successfully too.  It was almost like a sleeping pill putting that mask on at night.  I was using a Resmed Activa mask with the "double gel" cushion.

Well, Resmed discontinued the double gel cushion.  Had I known it was coming I'd have ordered 20 of them to last a lifetime.  The standard cushion either needs to be so tight it closes down my nasal passages or it leaks.  

I am trying the Resmed Airfit N20 and it is problematic as well.  I can't get a good seal at a comfortable level of compression. 

If anyone knows where the discontinued cushions can be found I'd love that.  Failing a source anyone else have a similar journey and find a solution I am all ears.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why did Resmed discontinue [the Activa Mask]
I checked on Supplier #1 and found they are selling this for $26.
DoubleGel Cushion for Mirage™ SoftGel and Mirage Activa™ LT Nasal CPAP Mask BY ResMed Item #61632
Searching for Resmed 61632, which is the medium size cushion, I see a lot of 3 on Ebay for $45. If you need a different size just use the item number for a search. They don't seem scarce.

If that is what you're looking for, use the item number and description to search other sellers.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try eBay they have Cpap suppliers that have been discontinued
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the tips.  Sadly no love.  -Supplier #1 has them but only in small.  I guess they are selling their remaining stock.  And EBAY also failed to uncover large size.  I suspect they are done.  I will probably have to figure out a new mask and cushion that works for me via trial and error.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried searching for the large size and also struck out.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Sleeprider.  It might take a few experiments (and some money) but I'll find a new mask I like I'm sure.  I think supplier 18 allows return of stuff if it doesn't work.  I find it hard to believe since once opened they can't resell it but I'll see.
Post Reply Post Reply
Several years ago, I needed to find a new mask, and I used Supplier #26.  They had (and still have) a great mask return policy.  You can return a mask for exchange within 30 days, for any reason, any number of times.  I used them to trial the Simplus I still use (not the same one), and I was lucky the 1st time, never needed to use the mask return policy.  But it was TONS better than the mask trial policy at Apria (my DME at that time).  Apria let you swap masks ONCE, period.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks.  I'll be ordering tomorrow to find my new mask.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-06-2020, 10:27 PM)becker44a Wrote: Several years ago, I needed to find a new mask, and I used Supplier #26.  They had (and still have) a great mask return policy.  You can return a mask for exchange within 30 days, for any reason, any number of times.  I used them to trial the Simplus I still use (not the same one), and I was lucky the 1st time, never needed to use the mask return policy.  But it was TONS better than the mask trial policy at Apria (my DME at that time).  Apria let you swap masks ONCE, period.

I second this. I've used the same supplier for years, mostly because of their return policy. Once I found my mask, I stuck with them for parts/refills to reward them for allowing such a convenient way to try new stuff (and I told them as much!).
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 340 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 484 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 506 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,483 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,079 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Mask Change P10/ N30 to F20 Issue (Resmed) mcman56 14 952 11-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry [CPAP] Resmed Mask F30i - Tabs keep breaking.. Anybody else have this problem? Snacko 5 1,721 10-20-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.