Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why did i wait, really, woke up awesome!!
Why did i wait, really, woke up awesome!!
First off, I have no idea why i waited so long to do therapy. I had been diagnosed years ago and never ever even consider Therapy. All i can say having fixing things here and their and trying to get this right. I have been feeling awesome. more productive, awake, alert.. Feels like i can focus more and thats just with 3 days of therapy.

If your feeling anything that is negative about trying to get this right, push through. The world is amazing when you wake up.

Here is last nights info, Day 3 and i actually slept the whole night and didnt wake up once. That is a first in almost 8 years. 6 am bright and shine and i feel great. I did have a really bad stuffy nose if that contributed to anything i dont know, but still woke up great.

The first two night issues were mask related, again i was issued a small mask and switch to large and DAMN, what a difference!!

[Image: yj5DHYWl.png]

[Image: qlI8Rq3l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why did i wait, really, woke up awesome!!
Congratulations on taking to PAP like a fish to water. I am more than a bit jealous, but I'm also very happy for you.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Amazing. So pleased for you.
Always grateful for help received. I am a part of all that I have met.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you guys really, its really a daunting situation when you first get the news and realize all that goes into it at first. First you have the sleep test, then results that you do not understand what exactly it means other then you don't sleep right. Then the machine and all the parts with it and prescription for Respiratory function?? what does that even mean, and why do you need a prescription for air flow, haha. well that was my thought at first. Anyway, trying to get it all set up and testing and tweaking is very intimidating at first, but once you get into it and take it step by step. the outcome is worth it.

After about a month of therapy, and if all goes good. ill post a full results on the success board. Fingers cross man!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi SJGino,
CONGRATULATIONS! Keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats man, stay on track, from people that know, you'll feel way better. Awesome job, very happy for you.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too stubbornly refused to get tested for years - the mere thought of wearing a mask at night was quite daunting. And now....well I can't imagine sleeping without it. I actually look forward to sleeping. I was also fortunate to not be a mouth breather (except for a few brief periods) so could use the least obtrusive mask - P10 nasal pillows. I took to the therapy immediately except for post nasal drip for the first few months. Not many do though. Most have some issue or issues to overcome. So, I echo everyone else in saying WAY TO GO and keep it going even if you develop challenges along the way.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
That looks great and the BiPAP 760 seems to be working very well for you. I had been suggesting trying a slightly lower minimum EPAP, but you are steadily showing that this is working well. In this most recent example, you can see how pressure increases for snores and flow limits increased pressure, and probably avoided an obstructive event. Excellent results, and you are not breaking therapy for the entire 7-hours. A sure sign of success.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know much about the new machines but I love my 760, it was the best money I spent out of pocket.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Started to feel good, then woke up feeling HORRIBLE TiredDude 4 772 02-15-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: TiredDude
  Woke up feeling air starved, turned machine off fell back to sleep but with mask on Phil487 7 846 01-20-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: Phil487
  Woke up with a stuffy nose for the last two nights,couldnt breathe.Suggestions? vrapche031 8 2,017 10-06-2023, 03:12 PM
Last Post: JoeP
  Woke up starving for air, but don't know why Phil487 21 1,292 10-05-2023, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Woke up feeling absolutely awful - OSCAR graph analysis really appreciated new2paphopeful 2 686 10-03-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Can someone plea look at this, woke up several times feeling breathless with AHI of 0 Phil487 3 702 07-01-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Phil487
  [CPAP] Woke up due to not breathing Kinnu 3 541 06-24-2023, 04:35 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.