Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why did the air from my S9 VPAP Auto suddenly get very warm
Why did the air from my S9 VPAP Auto suddenly get very warm
I have been running my humidifier manually at the next to the highest setting with regular hoses (non-heated) with covers on them. I awoke in the middle of the night for a bathroom break. When I came back and hooked back up and started the VPAP the air felt awfully warm. I lay there for a while trying to adapt to this new temperature and trying to figure out what had changed.

A sudden inspiration hit me. I shut off the VPAP, opened the humidifier, and pulled the tank out-burning my fingers on the metal bottom of the tank. Holy Sahara Batman. No water in the tank.

Oh yeah, that 's right, I was in a hurry when going to bed and forgot to add water to the tank. It is a good thing that this was not my old S8 because along with the lack of humidity, I would have gotten very acrid fumes from the seal of the heat transfer plate which only made up part of the bottom of the tank and had to be glued to the plastic.

Well, I did not think that I would ever screw this up again but I guess that there is always hope.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why did the air from my S9 VPAP Auto suddenly get very warm
PaytonA: I did exactly the same thing 5 nights ago. I've started pulling the chamber out first thing in the AM, then leaving the H5i lid down, but not latched. I'll put some kind of remove before flight ribbon on the lid if I have too.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why did the air from my S9 VPAP Auto suddenly get very warm
I did this last week while sleepy and eager to get into bed. Pretty sure that *I* will never learn.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,106 Yesterday, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 50 1,172 03-16-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [CPAP] Suddenly air feels too dry.. outasleep 2 271 01-15-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 561 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Central Hypopneas suddenly! Kingsway 4 506 11-19-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 299 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  [CPAP] AHI Suddenly Getting Worse bwor80 1 415 10-23-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.