Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why did the air from my S9 VPAP Auto suddenly get very warm
I have been running my humidifier manually at the next to the highest setting with regular hoses (non-heated) with covers on them. I awoke in the middle of the night for a bathroom break. When I came back and hooked back up and started the VPAP the air felt awfully warm. I lay there for a while trying to adapt to this new temperature and trying to figure out what had changed.

A sudden inspiration hit me. I shut off the VPAP, opened the humidifier, and pulled the tank out-burning my fingers on the metal bottom of the tank. Holy Sahara Batman. No water in the tank.

Oh yeah, that 's right, I was in a hurry when going to bed and forgot to add water to the tank. It is a good thing that this was not my old S8 because along with the lack of humidity, I would have gotten very acrid fumes from the seal of the heat transfer plate which only made up part of the bottom of the tank and had to be glued to the plastic.

Well, I did not think that I would ever screw this up again but I guess that there is always hope.

Best Regards,

PaytonA
Post Reply Post Reply
PaytonA: I did exactly the same thing 5 nights ago. I've started pulling the chamber out first thing in the AM, then leaving the H5i lid down, but not latched. I'll put some kind of remove before flight ribbon on the lid if I have too.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did this last week while sleepy and eager to get into bed. Pretty sure that *I* will never learn.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Q: ResMed CPAP S9 AutoSet vs. VPAP ST ??? dubli 16 4,137 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Frieda
  S9 VPAP adapt curious results. Am I alone? Ikabodkrane 11 228 03-17-2017, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] O2 Pressure/Diverter Valve with VPaP and ClimateLine Heated Hose? gamegrrl 7 188 02-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Last Post: gamegrrl
  [Equipment] S10 Auto vs Dream Machine auto silversnore 13 470 02-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Last Post: leadslinger
Angry HELP! Suddenly my charts have changed woozie38 20 681 02-10-2017, 05:03 PM
Last Post: woozie38
  Need to get Data from Resmed Vpap Auto (not the S9) wilkr 3 217 01-05-2017, 12:10 AM
Last Post: justMongo
  [Equipment] Mask Events suddenly showing up gillw 3 228 12-12-2016, 08:18 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred