Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why didn't ResMed construct the humidifier so it can be filled without removal?
RE: Why didn't ResMed construct the humidifier so it can be filled without removal?
(10-16-2021, 07:50 PM)Doctor Wrote: Several of you are misunderstanding this concept. My suggestion is for a REMOVABLE humidifier, but for one that has a hinge on the posterior section that allows the user to fill the reservoir without having to remove the humidifier tank from the unit.  This makes it the best of both worlds.

You still have the problem of inadvertent spillage, which will stand a good chance of damaging the unit.  What some of us have suggested is that the detachable, single access, reservoir requires you to fill the reservoir elsewhere, thus greatly reducing the probability of an accidental spill during filling.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why didn't ResMed construct the humidifier so it can be filled without removal?
If you look at your chamber in the morning you will see condensation all in the lid. Just empty it and let it air out all day so stuff won't grow inside. Fill and replace at bedtime.
Post Reply Post Reply
Actually no, I do understand your concept. And I shared why it's not a good idea. If you move the area you fill the tub away from where the machine is, then chances of frying your PAP are now minimal.

Don't misunderstand our comments, we can't stop you from modifying your tub to your requirement for at-machine-filling. By all means do so at your own risk. But if you want to use factory designed tubs, you get what they make.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2021, 10:58 PM)Doctor Wrote: Do you recall the S9 machine? The S9 is far more convenient than the AS10. Extending the humidification chamber would keep the fill point further from the main unit, and in addition, solve the multiple complaints of users stating that their chamber ran dry during the night because of inadequate water volume.

Problem I had with my S9 machine (over 22,000 hours on it) was the capacity of the humidifier chamber.

Other problem I had was (maybe 5 times in all) not filling the chamber...my fault.

Trying to help.  My story doesn't matter...but my  treatment now is much better than it's ever been before. And I've used CPAP for over 30 years. What changed? I finally listened to the advice I had been given and got an apap machine, then changed it's setup following recommendations from wonderful people here.

When I switched to my S10 (for her) it took a while for my treatment to improve.  Got it about 14 months ago.

The people here are magnificent.  I haven't had to change any settings on my S10 in months.  I feel better now than ever before.  With my previous cpap machines (I had 4 in all.) I could count the number of times I felt better after using my machine on both hands.  If I said 10 times I was exaggerating. 

Now my treatment is spectacular in comparison. 

Take a look at the number of people on this forum.  The people who answer their posts are extremely busy.

An aside...I'm active on a hearing aid forum.  I have brand new hearing aids that are much more capable than the ones that I've used for almost 20 years.  Yet I'm having problems with my hearing aids.  And the people I've had comment on my posts haven't been helpful. My fault...but I'd like to find another hearing aid forum.  I'm not happy there. So my commitment to myself is to listen to those people and be patient if I don't get instant results.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I empty and rinse my tank every day, then let it air dry.  So being able to fill the tank while it is still in my AS10 does not apply.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm grateful my S10 has a humidifier.
I'm grateful that I added the heated hose.
These features improve the quality of my sleep.

I don't mind taking the humidifier away to fill it. I'd likely spill water inside the machine if I tried to fill it when I was really tired when I go to bed too late.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,617 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
Thumbsup [Diagnosis] Didn't know this existed. Hi! And diagnosis please smgemd 6 251 03-07-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Was sick for a while and didn't use my PAP machine for about two weeks. Now I find my JonZ333 1 331 01-16-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation Wisdom tooth removal causes sleep apnea? esaulcatnas 0 337 12-14-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: esaulcatnas

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.