Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why do AHI and Centrals show a roller coaster result
Why do AHI and Centrals show a roller coaster result
I really don't get it. Why is it some nights I have good numbes and other nights terrible numbers when nothing has changed on the machine, how I use it, or even in my enviornment for that matter. I can go 3 consecutive nights with very good numbers, then bang, go 3 consectutive nights with terrible numbers, and throughout the month it is just a roller coaster.

Is anyone experiencing this as well or just me. I use an Aircurve 10 VAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why do AHI and Centrals show a roller coaster result
(05-15-2016, 07:40 PM)ckingzzzs Wrote: I really don't get it. Why is it some nights I have good numbes and other nights terrible numbers when nothing has changed on the machine, how I use it, or even in my enviornment for that matter. I can go 3 consecutive nights with very good numbers, then bang, go 3 consectutive nights with terrible numbers, and throughout the month it is just a roller coaster.

you forgot a variable... the squidgy meatbag attached to the end of the hose.

that part's very imprecise.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2016, 08:43 PM)palerider Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 07:40 PM)ckingzzzs Wrote: I really don't get it. Why is it some nights I have good numbes and other nights terrible numbers when nothing has changed on the machine, how I use it, or even in my enviornment for that matter. I can go 3 consecutive nights with very good numbers, then bang, go 3 consectutive nights with terrible numbers, and throughout the month it is just a roller coaster.

Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
We change from day to day continually. That's what being alive means. If it isn't changing it isn't alive.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
I blame pizza...
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2016, 08:43 PM)palerider Wrote: ..................

Dielaughing <= Me.
I was getting ready to make my noob entry to this forum. Will try again when I stop laughing. (OP - I had the same question.)

I love this group.

-Ron

We are such stuff
As dreams are made on, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Define "terrible numbers" for us. Define "very good numbers" as well.

If the "very good numbers" are "AHI < 1.0" and the "terrible numbers" are "3.0 < AHI < 4.5", then that variability might just be "normal" for you. But if "terrible numbers" means that the AHI > 10 for three nights in a row without any identifiable cause, that means something else entirely.

There is some variability to be expected in the AHI numbers. But as long as the worst of the numbers are below 5.0 and you're feeling OK, there's no real point in worrying about the variation.

And there may or may not be any explanation for the variation. My AHIs are almost cyclic on an almost monthly cycle that bears a strong resemblance to the length of my pre-menopausal menstral cycles. But I'm 7 years post-menopause and didn't start PAPing until I was 2 years post-menopause, so I don't really think that's what causes it. Still, it's kind of eerie how there appears to be a sinusoidal graph in my AHI numbers.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
yep as Robysue asked, what are terrible numbers for you?
40-50 or even 20-30 and you could do with some assistance. 0-1 and then 4-5 and you could be doing just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
good numbers for me are centrals below 5, and AHI,<7

My bad numbers for me are centrals around 8 and AHI>9
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASV not catching onset / transitional centrals Boodmaster 14 381 03-26-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Suddenly my Centrals got a lot more disruptive tcinoz 64 1,793 03-26-2024, 07:24 AM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,030 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Are these centrals likely to be treatment induced? thesingingchef 2 118 03-21-2024, 12:36 AM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  started to get a lot more centrals, questions airwaystent 3 232 03-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] Do my sleep lab results show that I have uars? michelbeaini 1 233 02-13-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  are these centrals or false alarms? AZAwake 4 408 02-02-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: SingingWolf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.