Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why do your numbers change?
RE: Why do your numbers change?
Thanks for all the advice, I will keep a journal, that is a great idea. I think the numbers look good as well. it's been kind of hard being so sick and just sleeping has been a challenge. I wish there really was an alarm on the machine to tell you if you are really leaking badly, I think it would help, but maybe not, just not sure. I do this little test of the RES Med S9, hold down the button and if the mask is happy you get a happy face, and I always' get one. I do have to get up usually at 2:00am every night for the bio break, and they told me to turn off my machine when I do, I wonder how this figures into the readings? I did enter the nasal pillows into the machine settings as well, it was set for nasal mask I noticed, so it's all set up right I think.
Post Reply Post Reply
Marnid you sound as if you are going great. Like you I was worried about the leaks for a while but I have let go of it now and I take the not so good leak nights with a grain of salt.
I was only thinking this morning, if only they could make a mask that would guarantee 100% no leaks, life would be grand, providing of course we kept our mouths shut.
I still have my demons with the whole CPAP issue, I don't think we are expected to adjust to this new way of life overnight. All we can do is our best and take one day at a time and your days or should I say nights seem to be coming along beautifully. You have a great attitude and that's half the battle.
Stay healthy and keep up the good work.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 05:49 PM)Marnid2014 Wrote: I do have to get up usually at 2:00am every night for the bio break, and they told me to turn off my machine when I do, I wonder how this figures into the readings?

Marnid, turning off the machine is the right thing to do, it shows up as a break or gap in the data. It doesn't affect the data in anyway, you will still record a full days data. As long as your clock is set correctly, a new day starts at 12 noon each day and obviously goes for 24 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
Random thoughts:

Drinking alcohol can change your numbers.

Late in the night I get more events -- if I were to get up the FIRST time I wake then my numbers would be markedly better (and my 7-day average is already AHI 0.2)

Small pillows on my Airfit P10 reduce my numbers by a factor of 10 -- 2 down to 0.2 (mostly due to CAs)

Reducing my low pressure from 11 to 10 helped to remove CAs.

Learning to AVOID holding your breath (e.g., when turning over) might remove some events.

Some events are machine artifacts (and mean nothing)
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 05:49 PM)Marnid2014 Wrote: Thanks for all the advice, I will keep a journal, that is a great idea. I think the numbers look good as well. it's been kind of hard being so sick and just sleeping has been a challenge. I wish there really was an alarm on the machine to tell you if you are really leaking badly, I think it would help, but maybe not, just not sure. I do this little test of the RES Med S9, hold down the button and if the mask is happy you get a happy face, and I always' get one. I do have to get up usually at 2:00am every night for the bio break, and they told me to turn off my machine when I do, I wonder how this figures into the readings? I did enter the nasal pillows into the machine settings as well, it was set for nasal mask I noticed, so it's all set up right I think.

I don't know if the elite has a leak alarm on it but the VPAP does but it is so quiet I never hear it if it goes off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2014, 12:21 AM)me50 Wrote: I don't know if the elite has a leak alarm on it but the VPAP does but it is so quiet I never hear it if it goes off.
Not to my knowledge. From info guide (trouble shooting) problem/possible solution http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...ac_eng.pdf
Displays error message: High leak, please check system setup and all connections
There is excessive leak: Adjust position of mask and headgear.
................................ Air tubing is not connected properly. Connect firmly at both end

Happy face indicate 70th percentile leak is less than 24 L/m
LCD sleep report shows 95th percentile leak (at or below this number for 95% of the time)

Post Reply Post Reply
What are the mask events that are referenced in the ResScan software? This has me baffled but I think I know what it means, just need someone to tell me please.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2014, 02:54 AM)Blaifarm Wrote: What are the mask events that are referenced in the ResScan software? This has me baffled but I think I know what it means, just need someone to tell me please.
The period between turning on/off the machine does shows-up as a mask event

Example last night, I had 2 mask events
1st mask event: 10.30 pm - 2.30 am (4 hours)
went to bed and turn on machine at 10.30 pm, get up to pee and turn off machine at 2.30 am

2nd mask event: 2.40 am- 5.40 am (3 hrs)
back to bed and turn on machine at 2.40 am and slept until 5.40 am (3 hrs) and turned off machine

2 mask events: total = 4 hrs + 3 hrs = 7 hrs

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 115 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,417 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 352 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 317 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.