Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Masks & eye glasses
RE: Masks & eye glasses
(01-29-2014, 12:38 AM)jgjones1972 Wrote: The ResMed Quattro FX (note: not Mirage Quattro nor Quattro Air) is a Full Face Mask that has no forehead support so you can wear glasses with it on.

Just to clear up a little misunderstanding: "BiPAP" is trademarked by Philips Resperonics as the name of their bi-level CPAP. "BiPAP" simply means a PR bi-level CPAP. ResMed bi-level CPAPs are trademarked as VPAP (which simply means "variable" CPAP. Some folks generically refer to all bi-level CPAPs as BiPAPs.

BiPAP, VPAP, APAP - they are all CPAPs.

I require the bipap function and have two pressures.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2014, 09:14 AM)bigsnowdog Wrote:
(01-29-2014, 12:38 AM)jgjones1972 Wrote: The ResMed Quattro FX (note: not Mirage Quattro nor Quattro Air) is a Full Face Mask that has no forehead support so you can wear glasses with it on.

Just to clear up a little misunderstanding: "BiPAP" is trademarked by Philips Resperonics as the name of their bi-level CPAP. "BiPAP" simply means a PR bi-level CPAP. ResMed bi-level CPAPs are trademarked as VPAP (which simply means "variable" CPAP. Some folks generically refer to all bi-level CPAPs as BiPAPs.

BiPAP, VPAP, APAP - they are all CPAPs.

I require the bipap function and have two pressures.

Did you get your question answered? If not, please let us know how we can better answer your question.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2014, 12:38 AM)jgjones1972 Wrote: Did you get your question answered? If not, please let us know how we can better answer your question.

Several users have said what they use.

Post Reply Post Reply

I wear glasses with my ComfortGel Blue mask. The forehead support may not be a problem, but you have to put the glasses on before putting on the mask.

Even without a forehead support, a nasal or full face mask may not work with glasses. Even on my ComfortGel mask, the top of the mask goes far enough up the nose to somewhat conflict with my glasses. Results may vary based on mask, glasses, and the shape of your face.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using a resmed quattro with glasses.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 12 117 2 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  Skin Irritation from Masks Granny7 19 2,729 04-13-2024, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Little Olive
Question Are there alternative straps out there for masks that does not slide off? hejohoo 5 511 04-03-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: hejohoo
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 440 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Other masks to try? acordeon 5 520 01-01-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 522 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 449 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.